How much does a GYTR pipe affect it w/o a fuel commander?

Started by Livingmylife93, July 16, 2008, 08:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

I have a GYTR pipe, just got the 700, but it runs kinda rough. It backfires alot, and doesnt idle for very long, but i havent really completely let it warm up yet either. But my main question is does having the GYTR and not having a fuel commander of any sort other than stock really f :mad: ck it up?

Clockwise or Counterclockwise to turn the idle up?

22Chet

ya your running really lean with no controller. The bike will not run right no matter what you do or turn the idle up until you put a controller on it. I was in that same situation when i first got mine...
2006 Raptor 700
GYTR Exhaust
GYTR Intake
PCIII
15t Sprocket
TrailTech Vapor

FoundArealQuad

Yes it will mess the quad up. You are running the machine to lean. Its just like a quad with a carb, but instead of jets you need a fuel controller. You will do serious damage to your Raptor if you continue running it like that.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Livingmylife93

any way to work around it?
i really wont have any money at all until i pay this off.

Unless somebody could hook me up with a commander for dirt cheap, or free  :grin_nod: , doesnt need to be a good one, just to get me through.

Livingmylife93

Just gotta get through until august 14ish ??? what do you think?

vreds

I would put back my stocky exhaust if I were you. Just my opinion :)

You better wait and save your engine, than running with an exhaust that don't give you more hp ( well for now ) backfires, and run like sh** The only thing that it gives you, is the chance to blow your engine, which is more than 300 bucks...
Raptor 700 2006 ... now with a dead engine :(

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

Livingmylife93

I dont have the stock exhaust  :(  :'(

I mean this guy before me had it running like this for 2 years i guess, and its still good, im just looking to get through til august, when i can afford a commander.

vreds

:rofl:

Well, can you baffle it a little bit ? like putting another spark arrestor which is a little more restrictive ?   Or just take out the current spark arrestor, put something restrictive in it, then put it back there... I don't know...  ??? Just an idea I give you, sometime my idea are not the greatest... :lol:

Maybe it would do the trick for now, if it does for 2 years... but sooner or later, it will do what it was supposed to...

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

Livingmylife93

Well my dad thinks its to loud, and he might make me get the quiet tip for the GYTR, maybe that will help?

But then again i havent really had it running for more that 2 minutes lol.

vreds

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

kyledvor61

about f*ckin time you got it. you need a controller, stat.

Bert

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on July 16, 2008, 08:47:12 PM
I have a GYTR pipe, just got the 700, but it runs kinda rough. It backfires alot, and doesnt idle for very long, but i havent really completely let it warm up yet either. But my main question is does having the GYTR and not having a fuel commander of any sort other than stock really f :mad: ck it up?

I read about Stealerships flashing the computer on the Rappy & trying to help lean conditions. I have no idea how much it helps & it was rumored that when the battery drains dead it needs to be reflashed.  Not a good alterative at all.

Maybe you can find a cheap Dobeck type controller in the for sale threads.

Colorado700R

Quote from: Bert on July 16, 2008, 11:46:46 PM
Quote from: Livingmylife93 on July 16, 2008, 08:47:12 PM

I read about Stealerships flashing the computer on the Rappy & trying to help lean conditions. I have no idea how much it helps & it was rumored that when the battery drains dead it needs to be reflashed.  Not a good alterative at all.

Maybe you can find a cheap Dobeck type controller in the for sale threads.

I think there's a PC3 in there for a steal  :thumbs:

pj4553

Its not going to run right. You dont have enough fuel which can and most likely will cause engine failure. You better just wait to get a fuel control device.

preddy08

I will go out on a limb and say you will be fine. If you have the airbox lid PUT IT ON. You are on the borderline of being harmful to the motor.

There are 1,000's of people doing just what you are doing, and you dont hear of people blowing up the motor. Plus look at the guy who had it before you, pipe, filter, and no controller..................so far your quad is running.

But you SHOULD get one ASAP!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.