Rolled the 700 tonight...

Started by vreds, July 15, 2008, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: Sandeater on July 16, 2008, 11:58:19 PM
Dude that sucks man!  What all did you break on yours??

Looked like this....

Sub frame, plus One of the Hualers came off the bead and so I ruined the rim trying to get it back to camp  :mad:

vreds

Quote from: Bert on July 17, 2008, 08:55:29 AM
Quote from: vreds on July 17, 2008, 05:32:38 AM
There are 93 studs per tire, well, maybe now 90 each because some are gone...

Why I keep running those is because it's not worth, for the moment buying new tire and rims...
You can just add more for the coming winter season right?

I can, but believe me it's enough like that, it really bites ! 1 stud on a 400 lbs machine don't feel the same as 1 stud on a car.  :thumbs:

The difference is night and day. More would be overkill IMO. With Maxxis 4-snow in the back, it's just great. well, for trail riding. Knobbie just spin and it's worth a big 0
Raptor 700 2006 ... now with a dead engine :(

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

kyledvor61

Quote from: Bert on July 16, 2008, 11:36:58 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on July 16, 2008, 10:59:17 PM
Quote from: vreds on July 16, 2008, 09:42:19 PM
Yup, I drilled 3/16 hole about 1/2inch in my tire, I'm running in winter with these and it was too dangerous to ride without those. I was turning the steering but i kept going straight. After going outside the trail, which is a PITA in winter, we got about 3 feet of snow here...i've decided to do this.

They are basically winter tire stud  ;)

its july man :confused:
Dude, in Canada they have bacon, maple syrup, long sleeve plaid lumberjack shirts, & spring, summer & fall are only 1 month long. The rest is winter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yup, it's kinda like that.. With some little different detail, but yeah, summer is like 2-3 month, after it get cold explaining the long sleeve plaid lumberjack shirt  :rofl: Their is about 6-7 month with snow or really wet condition. Maple syrup is awesome :) The other 2 months are fall.  :rofl:

Why I keep running those is because it's not worth, for the moment buying new tire and rims...

gotcha. i do the same here since i live on the lake and we ride the ice during the winter. except i have a different set with studs in em. :rockon:

Bert

Quote from: vreds on July 17, 2008, 10:24:05 AM
Quote from: Bert on July 17, 2008, 08:55:29 AM

You can just add more for the coming winter season right?

I can, but believe me it's enough like that, it really bites ! 1 stud on a 400 lbs machine don't feel the same as 1 stud on a car.  :thumbs:

The difference is night and day. More would be overkill IMO. With Maxxis 4-snow in the back, it's just great. well, for trail riding. Knobbie just spin and it's worth a big 0
In the pic it looked like they were worn down

FoundArealQuad

Yours whore pretty good in a two rides at Albany also. I'd like to get a cheap pair soon
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Bert

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 20, 2008, 09:02:30 PM
Yours whore pretty good in a two rides at Albany also. I'd like to get a cheap pair soon
The AMS Zipper's offer insane traction in snow & sand  8)
I like riding them in snow because they don't wear at all.
For sand riding I'd buy something that will last longer  ???

FoundArealQuad

I might end up getting a pair of cheap paddles just for albany
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover