Help! Computer geeks...

Started by russ-russ, July 10, 2011, 01:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ-russ

OK, so my desktop PC (Win XP) has been ridiculously slow opening links from outlook, seriously 2-3 minutes if you click any link from an email.  So I ran CCleaner and Glary Utilities this morning to try to clean up whatever might be causing it.  Well, not only did that not help any, but now several of my go-to sites are missing things - ebay is missing all of its formatting, it's nothing but text.  Facebook is nothing, just the page header and no content at all.  Several others places are missing images, like for instance here I don't see the image between this box and the header, just an empty box outline.  

Any ideas?  On either problem?

I've rebooted since the "cleansing" and it remains the same.

rappyfreak

'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Krandall

I think you may be hosed Russ-Russ. CCleaner has been known to take out system needed files while doing its "" Cleanup "" :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Geo

i think the problem is that you are 'CLINKING' links...try 'CLICKING' them instead...

justa thought  ???

russ-russ

OK, update.  I'm using Chrome to surf right now and everything appears fine.  I was using Firefox before, which I use almost exclusively, and that's where everything is weird.  I'll try re-installing Firefox and go from there.

Just tried IE and it seems fine as well.  So perhaps CCleaner just humped up Firefox...

russ-russ

Quote from: Geo on July 10, 2011, 09:41:00 PM
i think the problem is that you are 'CLINKING' links...try 'CLICKING' them instead...

justa thought  ???
I know not of what you speak.