Anyone got big tires on their Raptor?

Started by Flyfloatr, May 07, 2011, 07:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyfloatr

I've got a set of 25 x 12's that were on my warrior when I bought it that I am thinking about putting on my 700 for next weekend.  I figure it will be muddy and my raptor tires are tired to say the least.  Bad idea?  It does seem really tall!

preddy08

Just keep and eye on your heal guards, if you have any.

I've got Pro Armor nerfs with heal guards and my 22" sand tires rub.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenneth

Your clutch life will decrease by a lot with those tires. You might want to consider gearing down a bit if you decide to roll with them.
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Peelz

big tires on raptors icky. Going fast, they shake like mad, hit your heel guards. And in my opinion, look plain ugly.

put 22's on my 660 once, it sucked. they wobble and round out hitting the heel guards.

great traction slow speed though
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

rappyfreak

I use 22" rears and 23" fronts with a 13T front sprocket and love the ground clearance
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is IƱigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

XC_Raptor700R

I have done it in the past and still have a bigger set for winter. I change the front sprocket to 13T when I put them on.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com