Where can I find a...

Started by Segkast, January 10, 2011, 04:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segkast

CHAIN TENSIONER ? That might not even be what it's called :lol:

Basically, it's a part that bolts on to keep the chain tight. I've only ever seen one once and I'm kicking myself for not asking more about it. It's not a guide, it's actually got like a spring action to keep it on there and rollers obviously for the chain to go over. Trying to picture now how it was mounted and I can't for the life of me remember.

It reminds me of the tensioner/guide on a mountain bike if that helps at all ?

Anyway, if you know what the hell my rambling ass is talking about, andf maybe where I could get one... Let a Brother know, wouldja ?  8)
Oury grips & Yamalube

Segkast

Think I'm getting closer.... Is this a DirtBike thing, is that why it's hard to find what I want ?

Yup, that's what I saw... I'ma get one !!!!  :batman:

http://www.ztrproducts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=32
Oury grips & Yamalube

Peelz

why? too lazy to adjust your slack? its super easy on a 700 silly. But you make me proud
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Segkast

No, not too lazy lol, just like the idea. Still need to adjust
Oury grips & Yamalube

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Spartan

Never heard of those...I dunno how well they'd work on long swing-arms though, the chains on those seem to have a bit more slack in them cause of the length

Segkast

The one I saw it on down in the sand had it on probably a +6. It was actually at Amir's place getting some work done, so I wasn't able to talk to the owner about it. I'ma give one a shot, and I'll review it...

... but that'll be like 4 months away when the bike's done :lol:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Livingmylife93

any cheaper options out there?

Spartan

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on January 12, 2011, 08:58:12 PM

If you want to be cheapass, get a 450 :lol:  :P

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Spartan727 on January 12, 2011, 08:59:16 PM
Quote from: Livingmylife93 on January 12, 2011, 08:58:12 PM

If you want to be cheapass, get a 450 :lol:  :P

I just dropped $1500 into my raptor, thank you.  :lol:
You will all see pictures within the next few weeks...  8)

Livingmylife93

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on January 12, 2011, 09:05:13 PM
Im the guy to talk to about cheap :lol:

$17

http://www.racemotorparts.com/products.php?id=1244

:thumbs:

Thanks peels  :thumbs:

Just from the looks of that though i feel like it would be like buying a car from walmart...  :dunno:

Peelz

moat seem to be made for pitbikes. May not be big enough to even fit an ATV chain? Anyway you look at it, there will be customization to do. Not a bolt on thing...

Segkast

THe RDZ one is a clean mount up, that's why I was thinking it was made for the 700 originally The bike I saw it on, it looked like it was made for it. Also comes with two different springs to allow for the best mounting option for your application.

If you try another style, or a DB specific one be sure that the roller isn't too small for a 520 chain. That would be my main concern trying one for a mini/pit bike
Oury grips & Yamalube