Horse power gains

Started by devious700rSE, November 28, 2010, 08:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devious700rSE

does anyone know the difference in horse power gains between 102mm and 103mm bore with 12:1 comp piston with stage 2 hotcam ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
07 Rappy 700rSE intake and sparks racing exhaust

DL700

not enough to matter... dont waste time with a 103.. if going bigger go 105.5

the power coming from stock to an 12:1 102mm bore with a hc2 is about 6.5 hp...hc3 will be 8
CUERVO RACING

VelociRaptor

Agreed, if your gonna have to bore the cylinder because of wear go 105mm and then you can use the 105.5 as the next rebuild. My first build was a 103mm and I only did it so that I would have a true 700cc. Thats the only advantage of a 103mm bore lol.

Colorado700R

plenty of power available in the stock bore builds too ;)

devious700rSE

cool thanks dont really need to bore but was just checking on opinions thank u guys for the help and just for info how much does the 105 help

Colorado700R

like most things bro it's gonna depend on the combination of other components.  Intake, compression, head porting, valve size, exhaust system....

devious700rSE

Its been officially been sent out and ordered  http://tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=73 Raptor 700 rebuild kit with HC2 and 12.5:1 comp piston...
Head and cylinder is at Templeton Motorsports Finally got a hold of Bill and he gonna do a Port and Polish and valve job with a cylinder hone and reprogram so its ready for for the summer hope its what i am looking for

Krandall

Riddle me this batman's.
When doing a rebuild on a stock bore, the issue is, it typically wears through the stock nik. Any thoughts on stock bore sleeve? Or time/money not worth it?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

DL700

Quote from: Krandall on November 29, 2010, 09:17:28 PM
Riddle me this batman's.
When doing a rebuild on a stock bore, the issue is, it typically wears through the stock nik. Any thoughts on stock bore sleeve? Or time/money not worth it?

typical for someone who doesnt perform regular maintenance ......

out of all the top end rebuilds weve done id say 1 out of every 20 were worn beyond acceptable tollerences.. these were bikes from all different uses, not just dune bikes.... from near new to 3 years old... we still take apart early 2006 model years that have nice cylinders,,,local riding is a year around sport as well.

Stock bore is still very acceptable but most opt to go  bigger for more grunt,,,,

on a stock head the hp increase from a big bore os very very minimal... though the tq and rpm where the power comes in will be sooner
CUERVO RACING

Alkire193

Daaaaaaaammmmm, he called you out!

DL700

cylnderworks makes a std bore replacement cylinder accompanied with a crappy piston...the cost for a replacement oem 102 bore cylinder and aftermarket piston rival the cost of a 105.5...

Installing a sleeve vs buying a NEW cast cylinder is a whole conversation in itself... a Sleeve tends to have more issues accompanied with it then a cast cylinder...Bo does(or did in the past) great work on sleeves and work much better then others ive came across
CUERVO RACING

preddy08

Quote from: DL700 on November 30, 2010, 06:04:37 PM
cylnderworks makes a std bore replacement cylinder accompanied with a crappy piston...the cost for a replacement oem 102 bore cylinder and aftermarket piston rival the cost of a 105.5...

Installing a sleeve vs buying a NEW cast cylinder is a whole conversation in itself... a Sleeve tends to have more issues accompanied with it then a cast cylinder...Bo does(or did in the past) great work on sleeves and work much better then others ive came across

I can attest to the shotty work of OTHER people when installing a sleeve. Bos actually fixed one for me on a predator. I've been running a sleeved cylinder for 3 years now and have had ZERO issues. Whats nice is if you got with a 103, 105, or a 105.5 they can always be bored out to the next step with minimal cost, virsus a nik'ed cylinder where you have to start over and have it bored and re-plated.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

devious700rSE

I have a question with the mods i am doing i currently have curtis sparks x-6 with fuel intake and pc3 running 53hp. My question is how much will i gain adding 12.5:1 comp piston HC2 and port and polish on  a Rap 700 :help:

DL700

HC2 sucks... just sayin... dont bother porting the head much if running  that cam
CUERVO RACING

russ-russ

I've had results that I'm very happy with from my HC3 and Bo's original track port on a stock displacement, 11:1 motor.  The combo listed in my sig was dynoed at 65 hp (corrected for -2 dyno tires  :lol:) recently in LS OK.