First experience with the new nitrous kit

Started by Langford, October 17, 2010, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langford

Quote from: DL700 on October 23, 2010, 01:56:49 AM
Fix the leak where ever it is....your bottle will last much longer

you should have never attempted to run the system with a leak of any kind

Yeah, Jeremy said they will take care of it, no problem...I'm going to send a few things back next week.  I don't know if I would even call it a leak, just a barely audible hiss after I sprayed it...it wasn't causing it to idle high or anything while running.   

And I would assume it would have to be a pretty substantial leak to drain 5 lbs of nitrous after 4 passes down the strip (maybe 10 minutes total with the valve open on each bottle)...I figure you would at least be able to see the nitrous blowing by the solenoid into the air intake if it was a big leak. 

But by the time all of this was going down, and spending 5 hours on the road...I didn't give a damn if I melted my quad down by the end of the day, I was already spending the money in my mind to buy Funyuns motor  :D.     
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Spartan

You'll definitely need a +6 then with that motor haha

Alkire193

Should buy another kit and attach a spark plug in the exhaust. Then inject into the pipe at wide open throttle and turn on the plugs......

I just thought of a new mod for my build  :clap:

Colorado700R