thinking about a 700, all years the same?

Started by disco, October 06, 2010, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

did a brief search but I'm on my phone and it's ponderous at best.

thinking about hitting up Kermit next month and then selling old faithful and going to the darkside with a 700.

from what I've found, the 06 had a fuel pump issue and an easily resolved breather issue.  anything else to avoid or be aware of?  the newer ones have an LCD dash?  those will probably be out of my price range.  around here 700's run around 3400 up, typically 4500 up.  I'm hoping to keep it around 4k. 

tuning with a laptop is definately appealing and readily available aftermarket stuff, how novel!  :lol:

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Colorado700R

07 SEs and all 08+ models have piggyback front shocks....a nice upgrade compared to the normal 06/07 pogo front shocks.

Spartan

There are minor differences between all the years, but for the most part nothing major. 09+ models have a different head design (cam bearing is different) and the LCD. Other than that it's mostly plastics.

disco

cool, so nothing really earth shattering.  the first mod will LT front with some quality shocks followed by a wider axle.  I'll start saving and keeping my eyes peeled.

thanks for the info. 
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Spartan

Yep, more or less every part will interchange between all the years other than the cam thing in 09+.

Peelz

07 special edition 2. sexy as a mofo, and rezzy shocks.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

russ-russ

'06 Anniversary Edition in yellow and black.  Faster than most and sexier than all.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

But yea, if you're gonna change suspension anyway, just find the cheapest non-beater you can.  Just not blue.  :P

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

russ-russ

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on October 07, 2010, 07:29:03 PM
The 07 SE2 white/blue are pretty sexy....
8)

we all know.

it's okay, you can say it too russ russ.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz