Hdmi Spliter?

Started by Jester2893, May 26, 2008, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester2893

Alright, I have a HDMI compatible tv and a hd box and xbox 360. I have clutters of wires, behind my tv stand because I have 3 sets of component cables. A set going from my tv to component "switch" and then from there a set going to my 360 and to my cable box. I have one HDMI port and 2 things I want to make hdmi. I know there are splitters but I am confused on how these work. I need to be able to switch between the two HDMI points, so I can watch tv or play xbox. Any suggestions? I need to get 2 HDMI cables and some kind of splitter, for cheap via ebay or somewhere online. Any help would be great.
=[

Colorado700R

I got a 2 input one out HDMI splitter from walmart. I think it was ~$40

Aaron

Jester2893

Quote from: Colorado700R on May 26, 2008, 04:38:23 PM

Aaron

Yea I think thats what I need. I got my component switcher from them but they didn't have any HDMI. I want something that lets me plug two things into one hdmi port. The ones I have been seeing are the opposite. Lets you use one impute for two monitors or w/e.
=[

UncleBeaner

Quote from: Jester2893 on May 26, 2008, 04:41:43 PM

Aaron

Yea I think thats what I need. I got my component switcher from them but they didn't have any HDMI. I want something that lets me plug two things into one hdmi port. The ones I have been seeing are the opposite. Lets you use one impute for two monitors or w/e.

radio shack my friend :thumbs:
:beans:

Jester2893

Quote from: UncleBeaner on May 29, 2008, 05:53:32 PM
Quote from: Jester2893 on May 26, 2008, 04:41:43 PM

Aaron

radio shack my friend :thumbs:

That actually never came to mine.  :confused: I will try and go this weekend, I just don't want to pay a lot of money.
=[

Eagle700R

I have all HDMI on my TV,componets..If you get a switcher get a Good one..Or your asking for trouble.

Heres a good place to start.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=4088&seq=1&format=2

RR34

i have a sony bravia 1080P. will HDMI just on my DVD player and XBOX 360 really make a difference. im running monster cables on my DVD, and normal components on my sexbox and they both look pretty damn good already :help:
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Jester2893

Quote from: Eagle700R on May 29, 2008, 08:08:08 PM
I have all HDMI on my TV,componets..If you get a switcher get a Good one..Or your asking for trouble.

Heres a good place to start.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=4088&seq=1&format=2

Thanks man, I think thats the one I get, because I can't seem to find anything cheaper.

Are they a reliable site?

Also does it matter which HDMI cables I get?
=[

fire raptor

Radio Shack online best price on a HDMI splitter.

Jester2893

What makes a good HDMI Switch and HDMI cables? I was looking at this switch:http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=2786&1&format=2

Is it any good? Should I get something else?

Also I need some HDMI cables, how do I know whats good?
=[

Colorado700R

Jester, I haven't had much luck with my splitter, but I would suggest creating outlet wholes in the wall behind the tv and behind the entertainment stand.  that way the wires are outta sight.  I ran all my wires through the wall for my plasma, and it looks sexy with no wires dangling  :grin_nod:

RR34

Quote from: Colorado700R on June 20, 2008, 09:44:44 PM
Jester, I haven't had much luck with my splitter, but I would suggest creating outlet wholes in the wall behind the tv and behind the entertainment stand.  that way the wires are outta sight.  I ran all my wires through the wall for my plasma, and it looks sexy with no wires dangling  :grin_nod:

that has potential for a good post change but its just too late. :(
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Jester2893

Quote from: Colorado700R on June 20, 2008, 09:44:44 PM

Yea Thats me and my dad were going to do, but we would have to run, an HDMI cable, VGA cable, power cable and a coaxial cable. Its still going to be a possibility, but thats something I need to decide after everything is in place. I just mainly have to figure out my HDMI switch situation. I don't need something with a remote, because its just another remote I have to keep track of. I don't want to spend 100$ or even 40$ on a splitter, because I don't think its worth it.
=[