Barker Duals

Started by UndeadMetalhead, August 15, 2010, 06:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UndeadMetalhead

I didn't get any instructions with my Barkers is there anything important I'm missing out on? The left side pipe seems to be really close to some wires coming out of the case. I still need to adjust the Headers and tighten the cheapo clamps. I moved the wires as much as possible earlier and zip tied them up. But should this be a problem? Do the instructions mention anything about this?

Colorado700R

the left side is tight for sure.  Zip tying the wires away from the header helps.  But I like putting some heat reflective tape around the wires (looks like tinfoil).

UndeadMetalhead

Yeah thats a good idea. I just hate to pull it apart AGAIN.. I've wrenched on it more than I've rode it so far. I bought a Yamaha so I wouldn't have to.. haha. It's showing code number 42 now and I don't think the fan is kicking on so I might end up taking it back apart anyway.

Colorado700R

Code 42 is the speed sensor.  Do you have it unplugged?

UndeadMetalhead

I had it grounded out but I just wired it back in.. which sucks. The code went away but I'm sure my top speed did too. Would have been nice to see my top speed with the PCV, Pro design and Barkers. I read something about there being a problem or something with the 09's?  I'll have to look into it more later.

Spartan

Get an ignition controller and no need to unplug it. Top speed is overrated...get a R1 for that.

UndeadMetalhead

I agree except I'd rather have an R6 haha.. Thats why I just hooked it back up. I'll look into those ignition controllers but I'm pretty happy with my new Rappy. Best quad I've ever rode, it's like a beefed up version of the Warrior I had as a kid.

Krandall

Plus, unplugging the speed sensor only gives you a few extra MPH on the very top of 5th gear. So Unless you have mile long stretches of straight trails. you won't benefit from it to much.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once