rim color ideas?

Started by Livingmylife93, August 01, 2010, 10:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

My raptors rims are in need of a repainting session. I do spray can jobs abount once a year... Normally i Just do black, i have a blue raptor with the black hood and tank topper.

This year i wanna do something a little differant maybe. I was thinking black on the outer rim and blue for the rest or the other way around. Maybe all blue, maybe front blue rears black? What do you guys think would be cool? I'll paint the hubs too.

Peelz

black all the way. it looks cheesy otherwise, unless you have blue beadlock riims  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Livingmylife93

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on August 01, 2010, 11:18:19 PM
black all the way. it looks cheesy otherwise, unless you have blue beadlock riims  :thumbs:

I guess, i wanted to incorparate blue into the rims just to be differant... Black rims, blue hubs?

Sand84

Black rims and blue hubs thats a good combo.   :thumbs:
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Krandall

I think the black on the outter part of the rim would blend right into the tire. And you woulnd't be able to see it. how about black rim w/ a blue ring?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

I say black rim with colored hubs...

Peelz

I like how mine look. Painted the inside black but left the outside rim stock, unpainted. Looks good, and is less annoying when you don't have paint on the edge of the rim scraping off from grass, sticks and rocks, etc....

Idea stolen from Krandall  ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

exentix

you could buy one of them fancy tire pinstripers and do a black rim, blue hub and blue ring around the outside of the rim to set it off. i kinda wanna do a red one on mine

Colorado700R

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on August 02, 2010, 11:33:51 AM
I like how mine look. Painted the inside black but left the outside rim stock, unpainted. Looks good, and is less annoying when you don't have paint on the edge of the rim scraping off from grass, sticks and rocks, etc....

you need to mount the tires backwards to complete that look :lol:

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 04, 2010, 12:20:55 PM

LOL :owned:

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 04, 2010, 12:20:55 PM

uhhhhh SINGULAR f*cker... TIRE no S.

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

I went with gloss black rims, and candy blue hubs.

I should have done matte black though, but its all good. I used primer and sanded them this time so maybe it will last more than a week.