Do i need a new Rad???

Started by Blair, June 28, 2010, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

well i may or may not have had a minor roll over (at about 40mph) a few weeks ago.  i am fine, was sore for a couple of days, cracked my helmet in half but it did its job so i walked away... life has been pretty busy so i finally got around to tearing it apart tonight.

bent my steering stem, broke some plastic parts  and this.. (see pictures)

now the question is... is the rad fixable or would i be better to go with an aftermarket replacement?

question number 2... which is a good aftermarket steering stem? and which are good aftermarket rads if i am better to replace it.

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Kamakazi

honestly, if the rad doesnt leak, dont bother replacing it, youll just roll it again doen the road anyways, its the nature of the beast  :nod: as for the steering stem there are quite a few options, but the lonestar is the only one that comes to mind.  ???
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

If it was mine, I'd probably run it, but if you notice it running warmer by chance, I'd not hesitate to replace. The passages inside the radiator I think are pretty easy to bend/pinch and restrict flow.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

I would get a new one if it was me...time to upgrade to Fluidyne.

Livingmylife93

I have been running mine like this for about a year now with no problems. I rolled too...  :lol: