Houser Rumor

Started by Alkire193, June 18, 2010, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkire193

Just got off the phone with Houser Racing's Tech Dept. Here is the rumor im getting started.

The topic was: "When will the Pro Bounce Nerf be available for the Raptor?" http://www.houser-racing.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000EAC-1271356565

Pro riders at the Mountain Ridge GNCC let me bounce on their atv's one after the other to see how this system was in terms of feel. Going from one equipped with the system and back to a basic set up the difference was very noticable.

I was impressed...

Usually when you bounce on your atv the stress in your shins or calfs comes from your body landing on the atv and then all the force of the atv and your body goes straight to the suspension. This was great. I felt NO STRESS. Its like having a pillow under your feet. It really was like my body got a soft suspension and the quad got to keep its suspension. The pegs were also rolled instead of flat on top which felt a lot more comfortable. I also liked the netting for a heel guard so the mud falls through instead of getting built up on some aftermarket heel guards. Also acted as weight reduction.

There were certain things about it I didnt like, the pegs have several smaller hardware bits that seem flimsy. If you pack under it with mud, it becomes a regular peg, so it might only be short lived on those rough races. The "balls" are polyurethane so they can wear out and then its one more thing to replace. However they have different resistance like the FAAST FLEXX Bars. I also dont necessarily like the look of the sport nerf being welded to the heelguard. Thats just personal preference.

Anyway, the rumor....

Houser explained to me that they just got a Raptor 700 in solely for use to develop the Pro Bounce for the Raptor. I have to call back in two weeks to check and see what progress they are making, However with the 450's covered, they are moving into other popular models now and the 700r is on the way!

Krandall

Interesting. I'd like to hear how they feel. Not sure it'd be enough to convince me to switch really, but, its a great concept, I wonder what kind of life expectancy there is w/ the rubber bumpers?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

I don't like those net heel nerfs at all, I can see my boot getting tangled up in those if I happened to catch it at the wrong angle...looks very goofy too.

Alkire193

Net nerfs are lighter, and unless you have little dancers feet you wont get tangled up. The idea with the net rears is to allow mud to fall through instead of pooling up to the point you cant get your feet to stand on the peg anymore. Its getting more and more common in 450 nerfs.

Spartan

Well I wear a 11 boot so not small haha, I was mainly thinking of the heels getting snagged on the web for a split second. If you're a mud racer, good nerfs then  :thumbs: Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I like solid back guards cause I can put more weight on the back end for traction.