Getting Hot What to DO????

Started by gr8ride4u2luv, April 28, 2010, 07:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8ride4u2luv

OK, so since my build I have always had a problem of the coolant spewing out of the over flow going every and the temp light coming on. Since about 14 hours of total time after mt total build and tune I have added engine ice and a spal fan. I also have the ESR temp guage. I had problems with the fan not turning on but have fixed it with the larger wire upgrade. The fan runs the whole time now. I do all kinds of riding, fast dune riding slow dune riding, slow trials, fast trails, you name it. I have changed the oil 4 times with the over heating problem and there are NO signs of water in the oil leading to my theory of the head gasket leaking. The fan turns on at around 225 degrees on the esr gauge at shuts off at roughly 195 degrees. The esr gauge has hit 250 degrees about 5 or 6 times on different occasions and I have immediatly shut it off to let it cool. The temp light shuts off and the gauge hits 200 in about 6 minutes off not running. I did what the manual said to leave the bleed bolt out when putting the coolant in and after about 14 hours of run time I figured of any air bubbles in the system were there they would have gotten out by now. This weekend when I rode it was about 60 degrees so it wasnt hot out. This over heating problem is driving me nuts and do not want to hurt my quad. Any help guys, what else to look for, try and do? I'm running out of ideas. Also the coolant resevoir is filled to low, does not move, yet still blows coolant out on my boot?????
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Alkire193

Ive heard it suggested that if your head gasket is leaking you will have this issue. Since you just did an upgrade I would think you may want to look at a leaky gasket.

li-raptor

Same prob's here , turned out to be my brand new head gasket !!

Krandall

Yeah, that's the only thing it can be honestly. I've read one of the signs is you'll see your coolant overflow bubbling.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

war4g64

Get a block tester from napa and check for exhaust gasses in your overflow tank. Sure sighn of a bad head gasket.