High Speed Video

Started by Alkire193, April 22, 2010, 01:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkire193

Hey guys!

Im looking at getting a high speed video camera. I love making the videos as much as I love riding in them, however when I see a "pro" video where they bring in helicopters or they show a guy going for a freestyle trick and you can watch every spec of dirt, every thread of the tire hit the ground, you can even count the lugs on his tires as he is going 60mph. Well it gets my attention that my Casio $300 pocket size cant pull off the shot.

Cameras range from 1000-15,000 dollars and each step up shoots faster and faster. One of the fastest available that ive seen so far shoots 1,000,000 frames per second, which is perfect for tracking rocket engines or molecules in a supercollider (little overkill for the Raptor). The VHoldR shoots 30-60fps just so you understand what we are doing here. The faster the shot, the more detail in the slow mo when I slow it down later. For under $2,000 I can do pretty well (2,000-3,000fps) making the shots and still stay portable and load it into my laptop for editing later.

I just wanted to get some opinions, maybe see if anyone has dealt with High Speed Cameras before and could give me some insight.

This will probably happen, and I cant wait to bring it to a rally and get some shots!  :clap:

(Next step will be the helicopter.....)  :rofl:

Krandall

I don't think you really need a "high speed" camera as much as you just need a good camera. with the high speed ones when you slow them down you just get less movement. meaning. instead of like on your camera, each frame a bullet going 1 foot, you could see a bullet going 1 inch.

Raptors aren't Crazy fast like that. Are you looking for high speed or good quality?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

you ever seen that show time warp? They use those cameras on Cool stuff. Taping a dirtbike tire as it takes off. ANd the guys metallica playing their instruments blindingly fast. Cool episode. DOn't blame ya alkire. I want to get highspeed footage of a raptor with paddles leaving the line in a sand drag.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Hefe

that stuff is very cool

like a drag slick all wrinkled up...

Alkire193

Yea, you guys get what im saying. If you dont slow the image down enough (have enough frames to show fluid motion) it gets choppy. But the smooth duner videos that are made use high speed cameras and the shots are something I just can achieve. I hate when you half speed a regular camera, it gets choppy. It should look like the bullet flying through an apple except I dont need one that shoots fast enough to catch a bullet, just an atv! Even if some atv's are like bullets.....