Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Grab bar recommendations.....  (Read 679 times)

Offline arroyo31

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Grab bar recommendations.....
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:49:31 AM »
Hello all,

I recently purchased a ProArmor piece sh!t grab bar and it split right where the bar mounts to the sub frame. I was practicing wheelies on dirt, not on asphalt and the bar still broke. Does anyone who grinds the crap out of their grab bar have any suggestions as to what company makes a sturdy bar that could withstand a lot of wheelie abuse?

Thanks, Dave

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: Grab bar recommendations.....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »
If you're going to "grind the crap" out of your grab bar and subject it to a "lot of wheelie abuse" then you probably don't want an indestructible one, because that will just transfer the energy forces, and the damage, to the much more expensive subframe.

But as far as strong and sturdy go, I have always preferred PRM grab bars.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
I think dirt is harder on grab bars than asphault is... I did some major plowing in my parents yard last year. grab bar would dig down about 1" or so and make a clean tear into the sod :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline arroyo31

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
If you're going to "grind the crap" out of your grab bar and subject it to a "lot of wheelie abuse" then you probably don't want an indestructible one, because that will just transfer the energy forces, and the damage, to the much more expensive subframe.

But as far as strong and sturdy go, I have always preferred PRM grab bars.

Thanks For the advice Mike.. That makes a ton of sense.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
I would give you grab bar advice, but I have broke 3.   :lol: +1 on getting a soft one to save the subframe. And.... dirt busted my aluminum one.  TUrned into a plow, and bent up at 45 degree angle. :lol: The stock one handled the most abuse.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 01:21:57 AM »
Id keep it simple if you are just going to beat on it. Stock bar is steel and ive been standing on it for years before I got a new one.