Need some F-in air compressor advice

Started by Headrope, April 22, 2010, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

I need an air compressor to fill my 80psi truck and toyhauler tires. The 12V Truck Air-brand compressor I've got works but takes forever.

On board air systems look awesome but at that price level I could buy a kick-ass compressor that could also be used in the garage. Right now I don't have a compressor in the garage but I know better: Once I get a real compressor I'll find all sorts of uses for it.

Anyone else reach this point in their life yet? Which way did you go?

I'm not looking for 'my friend did this'-type information. First hand experience only, please.

Gracias.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Hefe

I picked up a "decent" compressor from Harbor freight
it was like 350 bucks, 4hp 30 gallon
works great for a few tires, and a impact for the quad tires..

this one
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=65903

Krandall

I only have experience with a 80 Gallon 2 Stage compressor made by C-Aire..  A Bit much I think for what you need. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

I know what you mean about those little plug in compressors taking for ever to fill a high pressure tire. I would suggest getting a decent compressor for the house and maybe filling a air bubble for the road trips.

I've got a 3hp 15gal craftsmen in the garage for the last 6 years and its still ticking away. Its just enough to use a 1/2" Impact with out it running ALL THE TIME! :lol:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.