please keep my brother in your prayers

Started by EVL LS1, June 15, 2008, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVL LS1

heading out at 5:30AM to the hospital for my brother's back surgery... those of you that didn't read my other post... here's the cliff notes...

he had rods put in his back when he was 15 and 22 or 33 screws-- i forget ;  due to a condition that makes your vertibrae angled..not squared.... so made him slump over and hurt his back...

we were going to just go up 4 levels and be done.... but they found that the dumbass doctor ended up putting the wrong metal in him...  so they have to RE-do the entire surgery PLUS the 4 levels higher....

he's 18 now.... please keep him in your prayers... thanks guys

dick-84

Ill be sure to keep him in my prayers. Best of look to your brother and the family. Tell him to stay strong!

kyledvor61

Krandall

Is that Scoliosis? (sp?)

Sorry to hear Brandon.. :(  I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Keep us updated with everything.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

EVL LS1

thanks guys! nah it's scherman's disease or however u spell it. the doctors he's seen most haven't seen a case of it in 20-30 yrs. it's pretty rare.  he has to now have all that stuff replaced because if it stays in him it'll wear out fast and could leave him paralysed. it's been 2 yrs and already a screw has came loose and going between two vertibrae.....

might have a nice lawsuit on the first mofo doc though

Krandall

dang.. that's some serious stuff... :(

I hope it all works out though. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

who else but rk

2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on June 15, 2008, 10:00:09 PM
Is that Scoliosis? (sp?)

Sorry to hear Brandon.. :(  I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Keep us updated with everything.

I have a touch of it, but minor (can't remeber the degrees  ???). 

Anyway, I'll pray for his full recovery B  :thumbs:

Aaron

socalrappy700

We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

EVL LS1

update: he's in recovery.. i've got all the steel hardware in a bag for him. 2 rods, 22 screws, and some various metal stuff....    they ended up going up 3 levels and only using 10 screws.. everything titanium this time. should do muchhh better

dick-84

Glad to hear he is doing good. And damn that is alot of stuff in that bag!  :tank:

Temptation

Dam I do believe your bro has more bolts in him than my quad does.........LOL             Glad he is doin OK

Flynbyu

I have that many screws left when I put my stuff back together.

:lol:

I'm glad your brother is doing better!!!!!!!

:thumbs:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

ooh, I bet he'll get a piece of paper to give airline places when he walks through the metal detectors. Lydia's dad has his knee replaced (titanium base) and has one :grin_nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: