Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Anyone know how to get concrete off a pickup?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Headrope

• Street Cred: 2
  • All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
Anyone know how to get concrete off a pickup?
« on: June 13, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »
Damn Washington State Department of Transportation has been cutting concrete on Interstate 5 near Tacoma at night - which happens to be when I drive home from work. It uses a wet saw, which means I've been driving through concrete road spray and now my F350 has concrete dust all over the underside, the wheel wells and on the body just behind the wheels.

I've hit it three times with a pressure washer and still can't get it all off. And of course the sun is out for the first time in almost a month, so I have to keep washing to keep it from drying/hardening. :mad:
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Anyone know how to get concrete off a pickup?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »
Damn Washington State Department of Transportation has been cutting concrete on Interstate 5 near Tacoma at night - which happens to be when I drive home from work. It uses a wet saw, which means I've been driving through concrete road spray and now my F350 has concrete dust all over the underside, the wheel wells and on the body just behind the wheels.

I've hit it three times with a pressure washer and still can't get it all off. And of course the sun is out for the first time in almost a month, so I have to keep washing to keep it from drying/hardening. :mad:

may end up having to use a product called "clay magic" Rubbing the paint with clay while wet and using a light solvent. Happened to us at the dealership when they poured a new lot. 100 brand new trucks had cement dust spots all over. There was  a contract detailing co. that made a killing getting it off.

http://www.claymagic.net/
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline dick-84

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
Just try to wash it. But make sure u take it to the car wash. U dont want to scrum that in to the paint. But first i would call the state or whoever isdoing the work. Alot of times they will pay to get it cleaned off.

Offline shaboy700

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:33:59 AM »
Just try to wash it. But make sure u take it to the car wash. U dont want to scrum that in to the paint. But first i would call the state or whoever isdoing the work. Alot of times they will pay to get it cleaned off.

yup that is what they do here in PA, not too sure about washington though

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »
If it is the tiny little specs, the clay magic trick will work like a charm. You use a clay bar and some Liquid polish, and rub it lightly across the paint. If it is alot of coverage, don't rub too hard just, stay at it, Keeping it wet for lubrication. The clay will pick up the specs with very little or no permanent damage at all. You will want to slap a coat of wax on it when you are done, though.

This will give any normal vehicle a pretty good shine too. It will smooth you paint down, removing tons of residue, like acid rain spots, hard water spots. tar, tree sap, and, after a good polish and wax, you will have the smoothest finish you have ever seen. :thumbs:  It really is good stuff. Especially if you live in an industrial area. Not that expensive, either.
-Eric

linkypoo to the instructions, there are other name brands out there too, this is just the commercial one we had at the dealership when I was younger. New Cars would come in all the time with crap on them from shipping, usually: rail dust and concrete dust. Mother's, Meguiars both have one too, I think.

http://www.claymagic.net/using-claymagic.htm
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 09:03:26 AM by Peels660 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Headrope

• All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »
Ha,ha,ha,ha. You typed "linkypoo."
But seriously: Thanks. :thumbs:
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:30:41 PM »

Haha would you rather linky-dinky? :rofl:

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 01:13:21 AM »

Haha would you rather linky-dinky? :rofl:

Just don't use turtle wax rubbing compound (the red stuff). When I was 16 my Pops used that on my truck (trying to be nice and wax my truck) and it took off the clear coat ??? ??? ???

Thankfully it was white and didnt see it to much.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
be glad it is not motar.  Brick layers splashed my company truck and it dried over the weekend...  That was over a year ago, and it is still on there.   

I would say on your truck the clay bar or some fine rubbing compound and afterwards wax the hell out of it.
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 10:04:47 PM »
If it really wont come off, i would call the state and throw a fit  :lol: