What next??

Started by Gaber, November 12, 2009, 09:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaber

I know this questions has been mentioned multiple times in the past.  I've got the big 3, front suspension, and now what's next?  I'd like to pick up some in the HP department.  Cam?  Any feed back would be appreciated!

Krandall

What mods are you currently housed with right now?

For pipe, fuel controller/intake?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

11:1 piston, Hot Cam stage 2/3 and bored Thottle Body. :thumbs:

Gunz

I'm gonna lean more towards a cam and ignition for your next step. Then later on if that's not enough step up to a piston or possible a piston/big bore. I started out small and so far I'm around 80hp mark with 5hp sitting on the floor next to the bike going on later this week.
Here are the steps I went as far as motor mods are concerned.

My personal bike
1st step: Big 3 ProDesign intake/Barkers/PC3 about 46hp

2nd step: HC2/Dynatek ignition about 52hp

3rd step: Barker stage 2 head/11:1 piston/barker cam/barker +6mil crank/+3TB about 72hp

4th step: Bigbore cylinder/12:5.1 piston/lockout clutch/54tb/biiiig intake about 82hp (motor built to NOS specs for future NOS)

5th step: Can't tell you till I get it dynoed hoping for 88-90hp

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gaber

Quote from: Krandall on November 12, 2009, 09:57:18 AM

PCIII, Trinity Intake/K&N/ Monster Duals...

I'm leaning towards ingnition or cam?  Nice breakdown 4gunz4x4z  :thumbs:

preddy08

Quote from: Gaber on November 12, 2009, 01:44:18 PM

Can you do motor work yourself?

Do you want to run race gas?

What kinda riding do ya do?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

The ignition and cam really compliment each other. In other words the ignition will give you more rev, giving you the illusion of having more power, but in reality you are only able to use more of the power your bike is already putting out. The cam is a great purchase because it does give you more power 1-4hp on most cases, but it is limited by the stock ignition.... hence they compliment each other. It is truely a toss up, but if it were me I would buy the cam first and unplug the speed limiter. Then buy an ignition and plug the speed limiter back in.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gaber

Quote from: preddy08 on November 12, 2009, 01:54:06 PM

Can you do motor work yourself?

Do you want to run race gas?

What kinda riding do ya do?

I wouldn't do any motor work.  I basically do just maintenence, adjust valves, lube and oil changes.  I ride with a lot of guys that have had major upgrades to their motors, and it seems they spend more time messing with it. 

I do trail riding, but most of all riding dunes. 

Gaber

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on November 12, 2009, 02:46:08 PM

The ignition and cam really compliment each other. In other words the ignition will give you more rev, giving you the illusion of having more power, but in reality you are only able to use more of the power your bike is already putting out. The cam is a great purchase because it does give you more power 1-4hp on most cases, but it is limited by the stock ignition.... hence they compliment each other. It is truely a toss up, but if it were me I would buy the cam first and unplug the speed limiter. Then buy an ignition and plug the speed limiter back in.

What kind of cam would you suggest?  HC?  I think if I took my time, and followed instructions w/o to many beers, I could install a cam.

Gunz

HOTCAM 3!!!

Courtesy of DL700

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Texas700

Gabe, im going to be selling my hotcams stage 3 in a couple of weeks after our Thanksgiving ride. I will sell to you if you want and i could help you install it. You need to put in a higher compression piston and a ignition.
2006 Raptor 734 12:5to1 piston, hot cam stage III, RF port work, ARP head studs, Kenny +2 TB Bore, I Shock +2 a arms, TCS zero preload shocks, Fasst Flex bars, OMF beadlocks, kenda klaw xcr tires, DR D reverse lever, one industry graphics, Rock nerf bars. FCI Intake, dynatek ignition.

DL700

if your budget is only a few hundred $$ then go with the TB first////then piston and cam

CUERVO RACING

Gaber

Quote from: Texas700 on November 12, 2009, 08:25:53 PM
Gabe, im going to be selling my hotcams stage 3 in a couple of weeks after our Thanksgiving ride. I will sell to you if you want and i could help you install it. You need to put in a higher compression piston and a ignition.

Hey Rodney!  I might take you up on that.

Gaber

Quote from: DL700 on November 12, 2009, 08:54:28 PM
cp 11:1 piston HC3 AND +3 mm TB bore////

Look here>>> http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=5390.0

HUGE GAINS ON A VERY RELIABLE PUMP GAS FRIENDLY BUILD - I like the sound of that... :nod: