anyone use or tried these carriers

Started by shrimpy21, November 18, 2009, 01:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrimpy21

As the title says, anyone tried these bearing carriers,im thinking of buying one.Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2759.l1259&item=230397504033&viewitem=

The only problem i can see is using it with a stock swingarm as the grease zerk wouldnt be long enough to pick up the carrier once drilled and tapped a thread through the swingarm.Any suggestions options??
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

DL700

IMO the position of the grease fitting is all wrong, you will have to pump a whole tube of grease into it to have it get to the bearings, which BTW are sealed either way...and the fitting is made for an aftermarket swing arm which is cut out for weight reduction//// most aftermarket carriers have a steel inner tube/spacer which will be prone to rust, unlike the stock carriers aluminum one

the problem/design flaw with the stock carrier is that 2 of the 4 bearings are only sealed on 1 side, ... replce these 2 with bearings sealed on both sides and you will be good to go...

use antiseize on the axle to keep it from seizing to the center tube/bearings.

nice carries
CUERVO RACING

preddy08

Quote from: shrimpy21 on November 18, 2009, 01:56:43 PM
As the title says, anyone tried these bearing carriers,im thinking of buying one.Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2759.l1259&item=230397504033&viewitem=

The only problem i can see is using it with a stock swingarm as the grease zerk wouldnt be long enough to pick up the carrier once drilled and tapped a thread through the swingarm.Any suggestions options??

the stocker is a nice unit. I dont know why everyone wants aftermarket ones. Factory is a twin row, so all you need is a greese zerk in the middle of the factory unit and that will save you 150+ bucks.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Krandall

I found out the hard way with my old bearings. when I had it all apart, I decided I would replace the carrier bearings, bought the new rears. coulnd't get the old ones out. had to have them presed out. and had new ones pressed in.. All and all, the savings for me to do that vs BUYING a carrier WITH bearings was like $10... For the time I had into it. I would have bought a new one.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Quote from: Krandall on November 19, 2009, 05:17:56 PM
I found out the hard way with my old bearings. when I had it all apart, I decided I would replace the carrier bearings, bought the new rears. coulnd't get the old ones out. had to have them presed out. and had new ones pressed in.. All and all, the savings for me to do that vs BUYING a carrier WITH bearings was like $10... For the time I had into it. I would have bought a new one.

To take the old ones out let them sit in some PB Blaster for a day or so. Then heat the carrier (not the bearings) and a few wacks and they should be free. When reassembling them heat the carrier and freeze the bearings, they will drop right in then.

And believe me my old bearings were SHOT!!! They were froze beyone belief!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.