CAM identification help needed - pic included

Started by PnoT, July 08, 2009, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PnoT

I wanted to know if anyone knew what the cam below is so i can set the proper valve clearances.

tonyrt44

You ought take that cam out, there could be some more engravings other places.

by looking @ this photo, it is hard to tell anything except it is regrind (not billet)
Ranking:   ???

Tim Barker

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

PnoT

With some help from another forum, cough, they were leading us to believe it was an older web and after doing some research my brother came close to those markings but nothing solid yet.

He's going to have his engine completely tore down here soon and we'll know for sure.  I'll make sure to update this thread if there are clearer markings when it's out and about.

Diggs59

Quote from: PnoT on July 23, 2009, 04:25:00 PM
With some help from another forum, cough, they were leading us to believe it was an older web and after doing some research my brother came close to those markings but nothing solid yet.

He's going to have his engine completely tore down here soon and we'll know for sure.  I'll make sure to update this thread if there are clearer markings when it's out and about.

What did he think he was purchasing when he purchased it?

PnoT

Quote from: Diggs59 on July 24, 2009, 12:03:41 AM
Quote from: PnoT on July 23, 2009, 04:25:00 PM

What did he think he was purchasing when he purchased it?

My brother bought the bike used and only had to go off of what the seller told him was in it and that didn't include what type of cam was installed.

PnoT