new aftermarket clutch perch, got some questions....

Started by kdanderson5, May 12, 2009, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdanderson5

So I have another question :lol:

I cannot find the answer I am looking for on any raptor site.

My clutch perch is on the verge of being broke, so today I went to the stealership and bought a new perch and lever, and not one with the parking brake and all that crap on it.

So my question is simple. This weekend when I throw this new perch on, I am going to remove the parking brake and pb sensor. I got the parking brake sensor in a post so I know about that. My question is the parking brake itself, where does it go and can I just undo it. I found a post stating it goes to the rear brakes, so can I just remove the cable and be done with it, or is there more to it that I am not finding? :help:

edit*** and what is this parking brake block off plate nonsense I am reading about?

edit again***Maybe this is an easier question. If I were to remove the stock clutch perch, and put on a moose one that is ONLY a clutch perch and lever, what do i need to do to get rid of all that other crap? Can I just gank it off and say yippie im done, or is there more to it then that? I see that with the parking brake SENSOR I have to remove the plug and caulk (yes peels, I said caulk :lol:) it shut, but what about the other junk, like the parking brake itself, and the wire that stops you from starting the quad in gear that goes to the clutch or whatever?

:help: :help: :help:

Livingmylife93

You will have to get a parking brake block off plate for the rear caliper. When you yank the parking brake assembly off, it leaves the back of the caliper open.

Other than that, its pretty easy.

kdanderson5

Ok. So everything else can just be yanked? I need to get a block off plate. Got that much. Ill order one now. Then the pb sensor unplug and fill will pam andersons boob gel. Then what about this clutch cable so you can start it in gear? I think I read you follow it out to the plug, unplug it, then cut the wires and short them out, and plug the plug back into the plug thats on the quad still correct? Thats alotta plugs for 2 plugs huh?

plug

plug plug

Livingmylife93

Not sure about the electronics. When i pulled mine off the my old 350 all i had to do was yank the cable and handle off. Then the assembly from the caliper then put the block off on... Im sure someone who knows what they are talking about will hop in in a minute.... (peels in 3, 2, 1)

Peelz

..... 0 lol you guys. living is correct

once you remove connector for pb and clutch, the rest is optional. If you are not using PB, might as well remove cable, and assembly to save weight, and pain in the ass of looking at it. Block off is for bling factor.. I never bothered. My cable was flopping around on the bars, so I cable tied it.  :lol: Traded it in that way.

there is another actuator on the clutch perch that let's you start it in gear with clutch pulled in.. I preferred to keep that one. But if you can't, give it a  shot. I don't remember off hand whether it is open or closed circuit. leave it open, and no start, then short it. If it starts, it is good to go. or vice-versa.

:thumbs:

oh and KD said caulk huh huh huh  :lol:

where do you get said "boob gel"?  :nod:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

kdanderson5

I know Pam Anderson on a "personal level" so I have access to stuff like her boob gel and vag, you know, stuff like that. Just one perk of being a super duperly awesome dude  :lol:

I will give it a shot this weekend. If I cannot make it run after I rip this junk off, then Ill put it back on one by one until it runs again, figure out why it wouldn't run, and then tear it back off :D

Thanks for the help everyone, I think I will be able to figure it out!

kdanderson5

To anyone that searches and finds this post later.....removing the stock perch is easy as poo.

Leaving the parking brake sensor as an open circuit (unplug the plug and put caulk or something in it to seal it up to prevent a short as someone said in another post)

remove the clutch sensor and short the wires to close the circuit, now you can start your quad in any gear, not just neutral

remove the cable leading to the parking brake on the rear brake caliper. I didn't have the pb block off plate yet, so I just unhooked the cable from the works and called it good for now and left just the actual parking brake attached without the cable(got a pb block off plate to install this weekend)

remove the clutch cable from the stock perch, it is simple just use common sense

remove the stock perch and put the new aftermarket perch on

install the cable on the new lever and install the lever on the perch

adjust the cable for correct play and shifting and your done!

I was going to take pics of the process, but I suck and forgot. My bad

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once