I love getting FREE Stuff :) Have you guys landed any cool free stuff lately?

Started by r00st, April 29, 2009, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

So I am trying to start working out to get my bench up for police testing. I am a poor starving college student (well.. the starving part is a bit of a stretch) and did not want to drop 300 bucks on a bench/weights.

I was shopping craigslist (which usually screws me lol) and noticed an ad for a FREE Weight set. Thinking I was most likely too late I emailed the guy asking if it was still available. He said yes and I got to pick it up the next day! It was a Weider Pro weight bench with olympic bar and 250+ lbs in olympic weigh plates! Ended up costing me $8 in gas to get it!

I was going to buy the rappy 700 service manual off ebay that they sell on discs. I was lucky enough to find it online (lucky to have seen it before I bought it I guess...its not exactly hidden lol). So I downloaded it...but after rebuilding the motor on my 700 I decided it was a PITA to have the service manual on the computer.Greasy laptop keys are NOT cool.

The other day we went out to my local communiy college (which I spent a fine 3 years of my life) to print some stuff off (its a free computer lab...free printing, no log in or anything!). I got to thinking...Hey it would be SWEET to have this in print. So I opened up the manual and clicked "PRINT" lol All 403 pages! Luckily there are 4 printers in the lab so I did not have to worry about plugging up everyone elses printing. I will admit... I got some odd faces when I kept pulling STACKS of printed paper out of the printer. I hole punched it there and ran to walmart to get a 3 inch generic hard cover binder.

So my total cost for a Hard copy of the raptor 700 manual: $3.47  :)

I just recently got an email from Summit Racing telling me I received $20 in Summit Bucks (essentially a 20 dollar gift certificate). They said they sent it because i have not ordered in a long time and they wanted me back. So... Just now I went through and ordered:
Feeler gauges
Red Loc tite
Chain lube
Anti Seize
& A spare NGK plug for the 700

My total was 27.49 - 20.00 and my cost = 7.49 :)

Have you guys landed any cool free stuff lately?
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

kdanderson5

Krandall

I got........

a FREE 1978 Yamaha XS 1100 Motorcycle.

Needs carb work, new tires, had no gas tank.

I ended up scoring a free gas tank, got to hear it idle on its own last weekend for the first time!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

I printed my 660 manual at work, along with entire parts inventory. Sweet. From link provided by Mad Dog.

Free Snowblower last year. Which I am selling now that it runs. Not much other stuff.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

r00st

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Warren

:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once