How to keep from melting wires?

Started by robkd, April 23, 2009, 03:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robkd

I recently put duals on my bike and i realized that the wires coming out of the "drivers" side of the case were getting hot and starting to melt i am assuming they are for the shift lights on the dash but anyways they are getting hot and i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did about it

Danny T

i bought some heat shroud (type it in google) for 3 ft it was $30. Anyway it does the job its velcro i just cut it down and placed it anywhere the wires came close

Danny T

here are some pics for ya

Before

The Product

Warren

i did basically the same thing but i used industrial heat tape that i got from work. i figured if it's good enough for holding down 480 volt heater rods it will be good enough to protect my wires.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

robkd

sweet thanks fellas i just went down to the parts store and picked up some stuff to rap the wires in

1badazz_700r

I bought a $2.00 bag of black zip strips and tied them back outta the way :rofl:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

robkd

yeah i tried zip ties first but the way the pipes were going in there they were still too close but i got some heat barrier wrapped around the wires now so all is well thanks for the ideas guys

09RappySE

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on April 23, 2009, 07:02:26 PM
I bought a $2.00 bag of black zip strips and tied them back outta the way :rofl:

+2
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq

fastraptor

2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts