Cooling fan alternative

Started by LotusPosition, August 04, 2008, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LotusPosition

I had posted this on another board (cough), Raptor700rmn requested that I bring it here.

Following the failure of my stock cooling fan, and ruling out a used replacement or a new overpriced Yamaha fan, I did some looking on Ebay. I was able to get a Spal fan unit made for a 660, and with a few minor mods, make it work on the bike. It has a sealed motor, higher CFM than stock, and a 3 year warranty, all for $99. See pic below.

UPDATE:  A kit is now available specifically for the 700, which should eliminate the need for the mods I made on the 660 unit. Once you splice in the plug end from your stock fan, you should be bolt in and go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-YAMAHA-RAPTOR-700-700R-HP-RADIATOR-COOLING-FAN-SPAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43977QQihZ019QQitemZ290249887940QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

[attachment deleted by admin]
06 700r with mods

sandaddy

Way to go.......Thanks  :grin_nod:
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

socalrappy700

Thanks for the info.  Nice to see that it pulls more air.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

I wish they would say how much more CFM it moves over stock. Wonder if it weighs more or less than factory?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

TimelessR1

I wish i waited 2 more months and i could have gotten this one that wold fit perfect. I ended up getting the 660 fan and had to do a little modification.  But it works great now!!

1raptor

I have a question about the direction of the fan. the blades on the stock fan compared to the spal fan are different it looks to me that if they were spinning the same direction 1 would push air and the other would pull so did you guys switch the connections when you hooked it up?? I havent looked at mine yet to see but I assume that the stock fan blows through the radiator
will the new 2010 camaro ever get here??