nerf bars that work

Started by Out Back Welding, March 10, 2009, 05:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out Back Welding

ok, i have a 2008 se2, it has the aluminum heel guards. i was wondering what nerf bars i could get that would go with those, needs to have good clearance and to flow with eachother. :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Livingmylife93

The tusk ones from RMATV would work... but they arent the best quality

Out Back Welding

i was thinking about those, but i dont want to have to replace them for falling apart, need something like pro armor, dg, blingstar,...ect. kinda want to know for sure that they are going to work before i order, because im sure after i install them they wont want them back.

Headrope

I'm a fan of GYT-R stuff - Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing. It's factory engineered to work and flow with the quads, and has survived me beating on it.

If you've got the heel guards already you're a third of the way there (Yamaha recommends heel guard extensions). The GYT-R nerfs even work with the stock, plastic heel guards that came on quads like mine - the true Special Editions .. sorry, had to do it.

I'm not sure if any sponsors here could do better or not (let me know if someone does), but I've bought all my GYT-R stuff from yamahasportsplaza.com - hard to beat 30 percent off online purchases. And they're right up the road from me so I don't have to pay shipping.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/205/405/5214/1/0/0/1/1/98/2677/50709/gytr-nerf-bars.aspx

Yamaha GYTR® Nerf Bars
Aluminum frame construction with 1.5" nylon webbing. Meets AMA/ATVA regulation.
*For closed-course competition only.

Manufactured By: Yamaha
Fits '06-'08 Raptor 700R
Item: GYT-1S331-00-AL    Usually Ships In:
2-5 Business Days
MSRP:     $246.95
Our Price:     $185.21

A NOTE ABOUT THE PIC: You can't see it, but the nerfs pretty much have a mirror finish.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

BRAD

The GYTR nerfs work the best with your factory kick plates. I have had them on for almost 2yrs and have beat the hell out of them and they haven't bent or dented up any in that time. They have held me an the raptor up numerous times and kept me from flipping I don't know how many times.
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

NoWhereToRide

The factory series Blingstar will not fit. 

2009 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE