Sprocket selection for 22's in the sand?

Started by robkd, March 09, 2009, 06:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robkd

Looking at a set of 22" hauler extremes right now and i think i am going to buy them but does anyone have a clue what sprocket changes i should make.  I ride mostly in the sand.

Colorado700R

with what paddle count???

My three mod pushes 7 paddle 22" haulers no problem with the stock gearing at 9K feet

robkd

Peelz

I would stay stock sprockets, or go down a tooth in the front, to maintain torque with bigger diameter tire..  unless drag racing
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

robkd

Oregon dunes i do lots of "tree runs" or holeshots as other people call them.  Lots of steep low gear stuff just trying to climb my way out.  I am going back down to the coast on the 20th through the 1st so if anyone is going let me know.

Colorado700R

Quote from: robkd on March 10, 2009, 08:20:47 AM
Oregon dunes i do lots of "tree runs" or holeshots as other people call them.  Lots of steep low gear stuff just trying to climb my way out.  I am going back down to the coast on the 20th through the 1st so if anyone is going let me know.

Walden here in CO has the same type of climbing, I still bet the stock gears would be perfect, especially since you'll have more power to turn them than I do at 9K ft.

robkd

Thanks for the reply's  i am learning all i can about these damn four strokes!  Been a two stroke guy forever and this is my first four stroke so everything is different.

Colorado700R

you could pick up a 13T sprocket just incase for 15 bucks through RMATV, and bring your 36mm socket and ratchet along just in case  ;)

robkd