Which Paddle Tire?

Started by desdak4, February 26, 2009, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: desdak4 on February 27, 2009, 04:57:05 PM

Lastly, is 8 paddles to many for a 3 Mod in the 21x12x8 Extreme?

absolutely not.  I run 7 paddle 22" haulers with my three mod at 9500ft and have zero issues.

desdak4

Quote from: Colorado700R on February 27, 2009, 06:18:23 PM

absolutely not.  I run 7 paddle 22" haulers with my three mod at 9500ft and have zero issues.

Will the 21x12x8 even fit with AC NERFS or am I just better off with like a 20x10x10?

I want them on Baja's because that is what I run on my quad and I am not buying fronts (I like things to match) not to mention I have to buy at Rocky Mountain ATV (Big Coupon) and the Baja's are the only rims in black I can get with Haulers.

Jay

'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

robkd

I have the AC pro nerfs on mine and i have had 22" haulers on it so you should be ok with 21"  I am currently running 20's but i am going to switch to bigger to get a little more flotation and clearance

desdak4

The widest rim at Rocky Moountain seems to be the ITP at 8.5" isn't that kind of small for 12" wide tire?

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Colorado700R

Quote from: desdak4 on February 27, 2009, 08:52:49 PM

Will the 21x12x8 even fit with AC NERFS or am I just better off with like a 20x10x10?

I want them on Baja's because that is what I run on my quad and I am not buying fronts (I like things to match) not to mention I have to buy at Rocky Mountain ATV (Big Coupon) and the Baja's are the only rims in black I can get with Haulers.

Jay

Should be no issue

desdak4

Well, right or wrong I went with 20x10x10 8 Paddle Extremes on Black ITP .190 rims.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jay

Duane

I lkike the extremes, but prefer the edges. But good choice, the ext have a tougher cup then the haulers, so you'll be good there. Switch to a 15t since you went with the 20" tire and you'll be even happier.
07 Rappy 700r SE1
1. Barker duals
2. FuelATV air filter
3. PCIIIusb
4. Prog Dyantek ing
5. stgII Hotcm
6. Kenny TB bore
7. JE 11-1 piston
ebay 8k HIDs, skat 21/12-8 7 paddles, I-shock I4500, G-force axle, CCP sterring stabilizer
other toy 66 2 door post Nova, LS1/4l60e, in progress

Warren

+1

you will be fine with 8 paddles and a 3 mod.  when i had my PC III, trinity intake, and my HMF exhaust. and i got around just fine with 8 paddles.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

desdak4

Quote from: Duane on March 01, 2009, 02:37:28 AM
Switch to a 15t since you went with the 20" tire and you'll be even happier.

Yeah, I am not sure if I am going to go back to the 15 Tooth front or just stick with my 36 Tooth rear and stock front. I don't think there would be much difference.

Jay

Headrope

Quote from: Mad Dog on February 27, 2009, 05:36:36 PM
Does anyone know how tough the Extreme Haulers are, like ply or what ever?
If memory serves for the last few years Skat Trak has used a Kenda Dominator carcass for most tire sizes, they are a 4 ply tire similar to a holeshot but after the buffing much of that material is removed.

The Extremes have a thicker paddle, the tire itself is no different than a standard hauler.

Also, why is the 21x12x8 on Bajas 30 bucks cheaper than 20's, isn't it the one you want

Because that tire size is more common, therefore carcasses are cheaper which makes tires cheaper.  Whether that's the size you want depends on what you're doing with it.

I notice they put that 12 wide tire on an 8.5" wide rim is that right?

While I don't see many 8.5" wide wheels (usually 8 or 9) there's no surprise they put it on a small width rim.  This allows for a more rounded profile, better floatation and better expansion with speed.

Up a long dune, maybe, but it shouldn't be a problem on flat ground.  Worst case scenario your speed in each gear will suffer.  If you go with too few you won't have much traction off the line.

A baja wheel is a bit odd to run on a 21x12-8 paddle tire.  The reason you run a baja wheel is for the reinforcement, something you shouldn't need with that much sidewall on a paddle tire.  If it's a cosmetic decision just remember the bajas are heavy which robs more power in the sand.

If you're worried about durability a molded paddle like the sandstar is a much better choice.  The individual paddles are less likely to rip or be damaged, the outer diameter of the tire is thicker and stronger and more able to resist punctures, and they're cheaper to boot.

Most thorough reply ever. Well done. :thumbs:
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips