lock on grips?

Started by Warren, February 27, 2009, 05:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

which ones should i get? they have a few different patterns and sizes. i was wondering which ones you guys have the best luck with. and how well do they actually stay on the bars? is there no way at all they can slip off?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

dabigbratj

get the odi rouge's they wont slip i love the grip think i got the bigger think it was 130mm
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Krandall

Or just find a comfy grip that you like and wire it on. super simple and then you're not limited to grip types. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

odi rogues are comfy and cheap  :thumbs: , just dont screw in the end cap screw too far  :(
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

dabigbratj

warren if you get them and dont like them ill buy them from you  :thumbs:
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Danny T

Quote from: dabigbratj on February 27, 2009, 07:45:40 AM
get the odi rouge's they wont slip i love the grip think i got the bigger think it was 130mm

+1

who else but rk

ive had both lock on grips, the odi dimond design and the other one, the first ones they made. the first ones i had were on my blaster. i liked them because they were a bigger grip then anything out there. the vibration was reduced so that was a plus, but when i got them wet they were terrable. i then got the diamond design on my rappy and i hatted them. they were alot smaller then the first ones i had and were very hard and didnt have good grip. my opinion- get normal grips and find what you like. wire them on and they will stay on just as well as lock ons. plus a good bit cheaper.
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

TechQuadShop

The rogues are more comfy to your hand than the Ruffians
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

exentix

devan just got rogues on his and they blow my pillow tops out of the water, and they stay on SOLID

Out Back Welding

i got the odi lock on rogues...not one complaint here, best grip ive ever owned, u would have to melt them off to get them off.

and dude..they have a black/black set too :thumbs: :thumbs: would look sexy as hell on that quad of yours.

Blair

i have never had an issue with grips, i have always just made sure to let the glue set for at least a couple of days before riding.  now my brother in law has had nothing but bad luck with his but he never lets the glue set up before riding.
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

1badazz_700r

+1 on the rogues,they are super comfortable and dont move anywhere

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

poolboytoo

I used some scott "grip stick" a few times I thought it worked really well. I haven't taken them off yet, so mabey there is an issue removing them. I have used wire in the past and have to say they never came off untill I took them off.
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips