What did you pay to dyno your quad? How much to make a PC3 map?

Started by r00st, February 25, 2009, 01:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I will have my build done in the next couple of weeks. I have a few sources to get a map that will be close but of course I am looking to make it as good as I can get. Who knows, it might be so close I will be confident in running it but I would at minimum like to throw it on the dyno to A) get the numbers and B) check the AFR throughout the rev range.

So...what have you guys paid for dyno pulls? (was it based on # of pulls, or per half hour or hour?)

How about to make a full custom map (starting with nothing? Or did you have a map that was kind of close already?)

I am going with a friend on saturday to pick up a new bike and the dealership up there has a dyno. I am going to ask how profecient they are with tuning PC3 equipped bikes and what their rates are.

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

1badazz_700r

I payed $150.00 for about 6 hours :grin_nod: it took forever cause the guy was dickin around,then my quad overheated his dynoand had to stop to let it cool. make a long story short, i left there with a 38hp and 34 lbft of torque raptor with a melted set of gncc holeshot back tires. with the mods in my signature.however the tune is great just had low numbers  ???

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

preddy08

I typically pay 100-150 for a dyno tune. Your best bet is to load up a tune that is as close as possible that way your dyno guy does'nt have to waste time getting it to that point.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

dabigbratj

im going to tony tice and he is 95 hr and told me should take hour and a half
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

dabigbratj

just talked to him again and one thing he said is he cant think of one time it has taken over 2 hours plus alot of people recomend him
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger: