ITP Mud Lite SP's

Started by Out Back Welding, February 21, 2009, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out Back Welding

http://www.itptires.com/images/06products/mudlitesptires.jpg

what do u guys think about these?

im still running stocks atm.

i ride in everything from pavement,water,mud,packed dirt,loose gravel,loose dirt,big rocks, soft sand, hard sand(not the dunes, the kind of sand thats next to rivers and creeks)...all in the same minuite(no kidding)

i hate not having performance trying to get across shallow creeks, shallow mud holes, and getting up steep muddy/ soft dirt inclines( i do this ALOT)!

Peelz

I am not convinced. I would prefer getting the bigger 22" rear and 23" front Razr 2's. That being said, Itp mudlites kick a$$ on Utilities, who is to say they don't on a 2wd.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Out Back Welding

i def dont want to go much bigger tire, ateast not untill i widen this beast, tipsy enuff as is.

Warren

i'm running razr 2's all round on my raptor and they have tons of grip i didn't expect them to have. last year i was at the badlands in attica IN and i was back in the sloppy mud that they have. well i hopped over a log and the front tires went about half way under the surface. i knew i wasn't going to back out over the log so i have to go forward. by the time i was in the middle of the mud hole it was up and over my nerf bars. i have it in second gear just trucking along though. mud was flying every where but i made it through. so i would say just get a set of razr 2's. they are great in the sand as well.

here check out these pictures from the badlands website. this is the kind of terrain i run on.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/photo_gallery.asp
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

NaturalRaptor

Some friends and I were riding through a sandy floor creek and the razr IIs let me down because I keep spinning and sinking and then get off and walk it through. Another friend had the mud lites and went thru everything fine. That being said, this is the first time and only place where my Razr IIs let me down. In mud, the Razr IIs still did a great job and my friend and I stayed even through all the mud holes. I would mind having a set for backups when we hit the creek again.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Danny T

i have razr 2s and love them, but for your terrain i almost think the mudlites would be better. its a hard desicion as i have not ridden thouse but thats just my .02 cents

Out Back Welding

yeah im like 60% mudlites and 40% razr's atm...i think eather way i wont be mad.

Peelz

Do the mud lites even come in a 20" ?  Only two minus points would be they might not slide well, and tip you over, and high speed, they might be wobbly.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

mud lites are mud tires, razers are loose terrain tires.  mud lites are a little lumpy, specially at speed.  razers cannot clean them selves in mud, and cant float like a mudlite.  honeslty if you want the mudlites get a cheap set of rims and throw them on and switch back and forth.  ive run mudlites and you have to hold on when on hard packed ground, they care that lumpy.  but if you want something better than mudlites in mud, paddles are awesome  :thumbs:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

monster757

I had Mudlites on my Rancher 400 before I sold it for the rappy. The only time I used 4wd was when I did a mud bog. They grip good and slide pretty good.

Blair

i had very similar tires, and they held their own in the mud and sand... but on the hard pack they spun like crazy... and they were really bouncy (major vibrations) on the pavement...

now that i have Razr 2's i wouldnt go back to the mud tires unless i was planning on a lot of mud, sand and even snow with nothing else... razr 2's are just as good if nto better in the sand and everywhere else...

and +1 on Kamakazi's answer
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -