G-Force Axle Ownes, please look

Started by Danny T, February 15, 2009, 04:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

Hello everyone, so i finally got around to changing my axle today and came accross some trouble.

When putting the G force axle on i slide the hub for the rotor on, then the stock C clip is supposed to hold it in place.

It is impossible to get the C clip on once the hub is in place. The right side of the hub extends to far so the C clip needs to get shove inside there, but then it doesnt have enough room to expand over the grooves and just doesn't snap into place. Am i doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advanced.

Temptation

Put it on the nut side first and I put the left side the sprocket side last and it pops right on and made my life easier...Hope that helps

Danny T

Hey temp question for you, on the right side, does the three piece lock replace the hub that holds the rotor? Do the threads point towards the rotor or away? any and all details are appreciated.

Temptation

Save these pics and zoom in on them and check I am not sure what ya meant, I believe it does if I am reading it right.

Troy

The slot in the locknut face the brake hub and the threads face the c clip.  If you have the threads all threaded in you should have close to an inch to slide the c clip in the slot, then thread it out and torque it down to 25 ft lbs and install and tighten your set screw.

Danny T

hey guys does this look right? What exactly is holding this 3 piece nut, just the circlip? It will spin freely even after tightening the allen screw correct?

Thanks again fellas

Temptation

Danny T

but when i put the stock c clip on the sprocket side, it still is too hard to get the g force c clip on the hub side:( even when all the threads are threaded in

Temptation

I had to drive it on with a closed in wrench that fit the axle snug and tapped it in place

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Temptation on February 16, 2009, 06:02:02 PM
I had to drive it on with a closed in wrench that fit the axle snug and tapped it in place

+1

jonesi700r

same here, but i used the g-force axle wrench. and you rotor is on backwards, swap it around and you'll have more room. you gonna need the threads sticking out on the lock-nut before you put it on.

Warren

off topic question here.....

what actually holds the sprocket hud on?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Danny T

jonesi700r you are my savier, i love you. where can i paypal a donation? haha thanks so much thats what i had wrong the WHOLE TIME.

And warren the CIRCLIP is the only thing holding the sprocket side and rotor side

Krandall

Quote from: warren on February 18, 2009, 04:42:10 AM
off topic question here.....

what actually holds the sprocket hud on?

Circlip on the outside of the sprocket hub. When you tighten the axle nut. It actually pushes the sprocket hub tighter against the circlip :) :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once