Barkers install

Started by gr8ride4u2luv, December 17, 2008, 12:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8ride4u2luv

Anyone have any tips. I installed my barkers for the first time tonight and the righst side is hitting the fram. It makes a nasty vibrating sound when shes revved. I tried moving it to make for room, but doesnt look like its happening. Any advice?
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

VelociRaptor

Keep shifting it around and aligning everything and itll clear.

Krandall

Did you get the billet clamps? Seems those are bringing it real close to the frame. I know warren from here had problems w/ getting his away from the frame..

The only suggestion I can make is loosen the nuts on the headers keep them loose and shift the pipe around. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Clean the pipes with rubbing alcohol before you start it up. If you have oily finger prints it will "burn" its self on to the header and you'll never get it off.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

gr8ride4u2luv

Yeah, they are the new billet clamps. They look good, but man the fitment doesnt seem to quite be there. I will loosen them up again and try it out.
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Krandall

Yeah, That sucks. They seem to be pretty picky. I'll send Warren a link to this see if he has any tips. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

yeah. i had this same problem. all i did was loosened up the header and took the tailpipe/muffler off. then i twisted the head pipe as far over as i could snugged it up alittle to keep it there. make sure when you snug up the head pipe that you get the flange to sit square on the exhaust port opening. if it's not on there right you will crimp the edge of it and end up with an exhaust leak. then i put the muffler back on. and snugged up the clamp. make sure you have to joint where the tail pipe and the head pipe meet as tight together as you can get them. then tighten everything down and lastly put your spring on there.

here is the thread where i talked about my problem with mine. it may tell a better discription of what i did.

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=2425.0
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB