Want a "new" drag bike

Started by PIPO, December 27, 2008, 08:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIPO

But I'm not sure if I want to be back in a kfx. I rode and drag raced a kenz 797 all day at Busco and let me tell you that thing was a beast. It fell a lot quicker outta the hole than my 715 (kfx) and it was still pretty heavy at 430lbs. I'd love to drag race it in drag trim (350lbs). I was getting pretty confident until this alcohol yfz on the juice smoked me pretty good, I didn't think a 450 could be made that fast (I own 2 myself). I raced a 727 and a 784 (12 mill) and had no problems with them...what's the easiest way to shave 75-100lbs on the raptors? I weigh 170lbs myself so I'm good to go. lol!
D727r

Danny T

on raptorforum they have a list of lighter items, im not sure if we have that hear might wanna try a search.

people were removing lights radiator grab bar and bumper, smaller battery, lighter a arms, and plenty others that im missing

monster757

take the tires and motor off.  :thumbs:

Krandall

It really depends on how crazy you want to get.

Tear it down to the bare frame for starters. Then tear apart the wire harness. remove any un-needed wires (headlights ect..)
drag arms/drag shocks.
light axle
replace the sub-frame
remove front brakes / spindle wheels

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once