Need help with seat cover designs. Anyone have a pic of a 700 with NO graphics??

Started by r00st, December 03, 2008, 12:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I am considering a seat cover for my orange/black 2007 SE 700. Problem is... I need to decide on colors. I have a lot of black with the orange tank top/hood.

My options are:
1. Keep stock graphics, get jet trim seat cover with some orange in it (maybe white? to match stock graphics?) Although I am kind of trying to eliminate the white...

2. Buy this graphics kit http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Raptor-700-One-Industries-Graphics-Seat-Cover_W0QQitemZ180250285618QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116
and strip all the stock graphics (run all pure black plastics with black seat, orange hood/tank top) OR I could put just the red/black/gray tank graphic they include with the kit (all other oem graphics, stripped).

3. Still get a jet trim seat cover (orange/black) and strip the graphics (all black plastic). Do an almost all black jet trim seat cover (can use a couple different black materials for some contrast) and then have them do the orange stitching for the design in the main part of the seat

Think if I did #3, ALL black with orange stitching would look better, OR all black with one of the sections (probably the rear most, two inch thick section) in orange? & again orange stitching.?

Here is a picture of the jet trim seat cover for reference.
http://www.jettrim.com/products/index.php?p=images&productid=4&imgid=290

Here is a pic of my 700 with just the barkers on (will look really different, really soon, but for those who need a picture to get an idea).

Any pics (black preferred, but any color will work) of a raptor 700 with no graphics on it at all? I am thinking it might look TOO naked. Problem is...once the graphics are off im sure they will not go back on well.

Thanks for your opinions :)
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

socalrappy700

get the jet trim and keep the SE graphics.  I like the graphics that came on the SE's.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I was thinking EXACTLY what Socal said..

The SE graphics are freakin sexy. I'd leave them. My vote would be get the jet trim seat w/ orange stitching. 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

r00st

Think I should do orange stitching with the rear most section in orange, with the rest all black? OR throw a white section in there to bring out the white in the graphics?
I think white on the seat would be too much...

The more I think of it and almost all black seat with orange stitching and rear orange section would look pretty menacing :)
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

socalrappy700

I say orange in the back, orange stitching and snake skin for the small strip like preddys.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

r00st

Ya i think thats what im going to do.

That does leave the upper sides (narrow parts where your knees would touch)... Maybe I will put some no-slip in that portion.

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF