Bleeding front brakes

Started by double06, November 18, 2008, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

double06

Ok, I think I followed it by the book but they just don't feel completly right.  When I squeeze the front brake lever, I can pull it all the way back.  ???   I know that's not right so my question is, how do you all that have done it bleed the fronts correctly?  Do you leave the cap off when bleeding?  And when you are pumping the brakes and holding it, do you open one bleed screw at a time?  Those are the specific questions that I have.   :help:
I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

Warren

yes leave the cap off the master cylinder. and make sure you never let it run out of fluid while bleeding the brakes. or you are back at square one.

and i would open one bleeder screw then pump push the brake level about half way in then close the bleeder. then do the same to the other side. and keep doing this until you get a good feel on the level. and after you have put the cap back on the master, and closed the bleeders. try pumping the brakes and see if you get any more preasure. i've never tried this on my raptor but i know it works in my truck.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

VelociRaptor

You can speed the process along by gravity bleeding the brakes first. Take the top of the master cylinder off and brake the bleed screw loose and keep it open until fluid runs out without bubbles. Like was said, keep it full of fuid so not to get air back into the system. Once its gravity bled then bleed it the convensional way.

double06

OK, thanks both.  One more question, do I pump the brakes and then hold it while opening the bleed valves?  Or open valve and then squeeze the brake?

Warren

i always just squeezed the level and then pumped it a few good times when i was done. also if you have a vaccuum bleeder avalible to you. i would suggest just using that. i used my dads on my back brakes and it took about 2 min. to bleed the whole system.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

norby449

You really need a vacum bleeder to be sure all the micro air bubble's are gone I've been through this several times and it's the only way to keep yourself from wanting to kill something

double06

Quote from: norby449 on November 30, 2008, 09:02:18 AM
You really need a vacum bleeder to be sure all the micro air bubble's are gone I've been through this several times and it's the only way to keep yourself from wanting to kill something

I think I'm about at that point!  :mad:   My brakes still aren't 100%, looks like I will be investing in a vacuum bleeder here shortly.

powder coater

Buy a mighty vac ant Harbor Freight. Works great.
Jason for Presedent !