Brake Upgrade??

Started by Blair, November 14, 2008, 07:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

has anyone ever upgraded the brakes on their 700???

i rode a friends KTM this summer that had 4 piston calipers in the fronts and was amazed by the stoping power it had, i wouldnt mind upgrading mine in the same way  :grin_nod:
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Krandall

There is no direct upgrade for the Calipers that Im aware of. I know a looooooong time ago, a few of us had looked to replace the fronts w/ something a bit better. but.. 2 piston is pretty dang good too :batman:

Upgrade to Braided Steel lines and you'll get a little bit extra stoppin power. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

good call im sure stainless lines... bleeding the brakes... and new tires will all help... i have noticed my brakes were a little soft...

im sure slotted and crosdrilled rotors would help too...

i would say somethign about the rear brake... but i ues that maybe once a ride...  :D
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -