Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Cam Questions???  (Read 517 times)

Offline Blair

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
Cam Questions???
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:11:29 AM »
I have been doing some reading lately, and noticed that Stage 3 and 4 cams seem to be the most popular choice for the "mad power gains" 

if i can ask what are you guys with the 60hp bikes doing with them??

i noticed somewhere that a Stage 1 cam will give "an overall increase over stock"  for some one that does mostly tight woods trails with the occasional open section, i have been to an MX track once, loved it and plan on going back occasionally, not to race but to ride with friends,

the only time i ever hit WOT is when i do the occasional 1/2 mile race on the back roads with my friends...

I have an 06 SE with a ProCircut T4 Slip-on, PCIII, and GYTR Foam air filter in the stock box with the lid on (plan on keeping that for now as i dont want an "open" intake when i ride in alot of mud/sand/water/dusty variable conditions.)

i am just wondering if the difference with a stage 1 cam would be noticeable for what i do or would i be better spent on something else??

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
Re: Cam Questions???
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:44:20 AM »
I would go with the Hotcam stage 2 cam for what you are doing, I've had several cams in my bike and the hotcam 2 is very hard to beat for an all around cam with good torque and power everywhere.

Offline Buddah

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:33:22 AM »
I would go with the Hotcam stage 2 cam for what you are doing, I've had several cams in my bike and the hotcam 2 is very hard to beat for an all around cam with good torque and power everywhere.
Yep....... If you're interested in a Stage II my brother has a new one in the box for $105 shipped

Offline PDX Raptor

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
Yea you should go at least with a stage 2. Going to be hard to hit 60hp with your intake and exhaust set up. You might want to look at a full exhaust also.
Charlie

Offline Buck

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:40:28 PM »
Im right at 60 Hp with my bike and I do everything with it, except race mx. I trail ride, dune it drag it etc. I am running the Stage 2 cam and it works great  :thumbs:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time