Leaving the Rappy out in the cold?

Started by Gaber, November 11, 2008, 09:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaber

Headed for a dune trip, and will get down to about 30 degrees at night.  Anything I can do to prevent it from not running the next day?  Thinking maybe I'll pull the battery.  Anything else?

Bert

My Raptor failed to start only once. Overnight it was -30
After a little time in the trailer with heat & jumper cables it fired up.
The air filter was frozen solid  :lol:

My 2006 still has the original battery & @ 0 degrees it fires up after a few cranks.

spoiler61

Put a insulated cover over her or him.... :D
08 Raptor 700R
Built and still building by White Knuckle Racing...

Gunz

Gaber you'll be fine. I camped out a couple of weeks ago and when I got up there was ice on my raptor. It fired right, no problem. I had to choke the kfx though. Oh well you can't win em all.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Blair

youll be fine...

it was below freezing here today with about 3 inches of snow on the ground... and i had to wipe the caked ice off the grips when we got out... but i went riding today...  :grin_nod: :grin_nod:
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Krandall

Like Bert Said. I've only had one time as well when the rappy didn't start and it was basically to fookin cold out to ride anyways. it was around -20 to -30 air temp. WindChill was -40 ::)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fireman5166

you will be fine. I woke up to snow all over at sand mountain and she fired right up.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

BRAD

you should be fine man. i've been riding with ice freezing onto the fenders before and i didnt have a problem with gettin the rappy to start when i got it out of the truck
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Peelz

check your rear brake pads aren't frozen over...or wheelies are bad idea. Don't ask how I know. :lol: Oh, and water had goetten into the throttle rocker on my 660 and frozen it once causing throttle to be stuck open for a split second. Not sure if 700's have that though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"