Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 700R MOTOR MODS  (Read 1051 times)

Offline 660limited

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
700R MOTOR MODS
« on: October 29, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »
Hey guys, new to this forum. but not to the ATV scene.  I started mx on a 660 raptor, then yfz an now my ltr.  building all my motors along the way.  I have a buddy who wants me to do some mods to his 700 raptor.   Ive looked thru the forums an seen the big 3 to super 6.  Hes got  alot of money to spend and wants to beat every other raptor in our area which there are quite a few.  Im just looking for tips an hints to get us started on this build.  He wants big bore, high hp, pump gass machine . So im lookin for a route to get him on for this uber machine.
Thanks guys

Offline PDX Raptor

• Email
Re: 700R MOTOR MODS
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »
He should really talk to Rocket factory, Kenz, and Racer's Edge. If he has a lot of money to spend any of these guys can put together a monster. how far you go depends on where he is going to be riding/racing. Woods, Dunes, dirt track, or drag track? Ooops don't forget KDS racing.
Charlie

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »
If you want to do all your own work..

I'd talk to VelociRaptor. He's kind of a 1stop shop. He'll sleeve the cylinder and bore it for you.

Since he wants to stick to pump gas. you'll be limited to a 11:1 piston. 105mm bore is fairly common (I have one myself)

If you want to step it up to race gas your possibilities are limitless :batman:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »
KDS Racing has some pretty slick kits coming together too  :grin_nod:  PM "kenny" for more info  :thumbs:

Offline Kenny

• Engine Guru
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
Hey guys, new to this forum. but not to the ATV scene.  I started mx on a 660 raptor, then yfz an now my ltr.  building all my motors along the way.  I have a buddy who wants me to do some mods to his 700 raptor.   Ive looked thru the forums an seen the big 3 to super 6.  Hes got  alot of money to spend and wants to beat every other raptor in our area which there are quite a few.  Im just looking for tips an hints to get us started on this build.  He wants big bore, high hp, pump gass machine . So im lookin for a route to get him on for this uber machine.
Thanks guys
Welcome to the forums! Feel free to call the number at the bottom of this reply. I am more than happy to consult on a build. :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:56:59 AM »
Kenny Kenny he's our man, if he can't do it no one can.

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline 660limited

• Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 10:39:24 AM »
so ive got more info. with this biuld we want to stay on pump gas, which was said no higher then 11:1 comp ratio.  The bike is used mostly for aggressive trail riding, and ice riding.   So from what ive seen and read on here were looking at a big bore (not sure how big) 105mm looks like the ticket.  cam (not sure where to go with that one)  +2 or 3 bored throttle body, and some porting.
The bike already has barker duals, pcIII, and a pro design intake.  what are some intake options on the 700, i see fuel has one, fci, and trw. 

Offline 660limited

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »
also whats the deal with the crankcase valve?

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »
It gained a horsepower and foot pound of torque on my bike through the entire power band.  It will keep your oil cleaner, help with leaks, puts a small vacuum inside the crankcase, etc. etc.  It will do everything but give you a reach around  :thumbs:

Offline PDX Raptor

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »
For trails you will want to stay with the pro or go FCI with box.
Charlie

Offline air

• Street Cred: 4
    • The Utah ATV Association
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »
I would also consider a stock bore 5 mm stroker. Tons of torque for a trail rider.
Rusty

Offline spoiler61

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »
Talk to Eric at White Knuckle Racing, he will steer you right.....He has got me where I want to be and where Im going....whiteknuckleracing.com
08 Raptor 700R
Built and still building by White Knuckle Racing...