How much room is left on brake lines after installing +2 arms????

Started by r00st, September 30, 2008, 08:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I am going to be putting on some Houser +2.25 new style Long travel sli-cast arms. The new style are +2.25 instead of +2 like the old style.

I know many have said there is plenty of room on the brake line for +2, but how about another half an inch? I would assume so, but I dont want to start the install if I need to order some +3 SS lines first.

Anyone who has installed +2 arms if you could chime in and tell me how much slack was left in the lines? I dont want them to get pulled up with the suspension stroke!

Thanks guys
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Krandall

I installed standard travel ishock +2 a-arms and I'm glad they came with +3 stainless steel lines. My stockers there was hardly any slack left while it was just sitting. When I jumped on the front bumper to make the a-arms stretch. the slack tightened up. I would strongly suggest going for the new lines.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Troy

I don't have plus 2 a arms, but I do have the plus 6" Diamond J widening kit and I have plenty of room on my brake lines, no problems so far :thumbs:

dabigbratj

what lines are you running troy..
and randy are you saying we should get +3 lines
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

BRAD

Quote from: dabigbratj on September 30, 2008, 09:51:18 PM
what lines are you running troy..
and randy are you saying we should get +3 lines

yeah i think thats what hes saying. you would be better off to get the longer lines to be safe
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Krandall

really.. that's crazy. my lines were dang near tight when my a-arms were spanned out.

but now that you say it, i know others ran the 6" diamond kit and they ran their stockers as well....

I ended up getting +3 Spyder Brake Lines 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

r00st

Well SHIT! lol. I wanted to install my motowoz/Houser's this weekend but no point in that if my brake lines wont stretch. I guess I can look at it and guesstimate.

How do you like the spyder lines? How much were they?

I was thinking about some of those streamline brakes..as they come with colored coatings over the SS (red/blue/black/gray). I was thinking some Red ones would be pretty trick :)

There goes another 100 bucks down the *mod* drain! I only paid 4100 for my 07 SE and have now spend OVER 4100 on mods!
*feels a little ill*
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: