Brakes went out (not working)

Started by Danny T, September 24, 2008, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

with the rear its easy enough to do gravity bleeding. I did it for mine..

open the valve. let the brake fluid pour until no more bubbles. (make sure resivoir stays full. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

ok poured some fluid in there today and brakes are working alot better than before, but still a bit spongy. i think i still need to bleed them but this stupid kit i bought from murays has this dinky hose that doesn't fit.

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: Krandall on September 24, 2008, 01:42:25 PM
with the rear its easy enough to do gravity bleeding. I did it for mine..

open the valve. let the brake fluid pour until no more bubbles. (make sure resivoir stays full. :thumbs:

I have also done the gravity bleed and no problems, if they are spongy you should get someone to pump them up and hold pressure and crack the bleeder.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Peelz

It's the rear, you can do it by yourself. One hand on the pedal, one on the valve.  "pump 'em....hold 'em" Reminds me of being little and helping my dad change the brakes on their car. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fastraptor

They have at the auto parts store a vaccume pump thing that will pull the fluid and air out at the same time $30.00 dont forget the fluid is a high dot number like 5 or something the higher the number refers to quality
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Livingmylife93