My Raptor Build (Progress Pics)

Started by Mtneer Man, January 10, 2009, 05:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

at least you were able to ride it off. I'm all to familiar w/ a broken swinger :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mtneer Man

Well time to update this thread for 2010, Here we go...... I tore the motor back down and am doin more port work to the head, a lil bigger valves. I went with a big 54mm TB, Drag Tank, some new 10x2 spindle mounts, some 24in 12 paddle stgds. went to a +6 swinger instead of a +8, shaved about 20lbs off of myself and a few off the bike. We will see what this year brings for the lil raptor.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)
Stellar Machine and Performance

Mtneer Man

Gettin it back together, here is a few pics.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Krandall

Have you thought about going to an aftermarket sub frame?

Bet you could shave a bit off that :)

Looking great otherwise though!!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mtneer Man

I think the main reason you save weight with the aftermarket subframe is that you can run a yfz seat. I would say I will be pretty light this year. I have done a few things to get it down to the 300 lbs. mark or so. I cant wait to see what it will run.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Colorado700R

pipelayer on www.nomercyracing.org builds a subframe for a MX bike seat...very light

Mtneer Man

Quote from: Colorado700R on February 15, 2010, 08:07:39 PM
pipelayer on www.nomercyracing.org builds a subframe for a MX bike seat...very light

He build my drag tank for me. :clap: Ill stick with the stock sub for now.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Colorado700R

Quote from: Mtneer Man on February 15, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on February 15, 2010, 08:07:39 PM

He build my drag tank for me. :clap: Ill stick with the stock sub for now.

Cool, he's good people

Mtneer Man

Bringing this back to the top. This build ran its best time of 4.43 with a 1.50 60ft. This year Im adding a new frame and frontend setup. I am also adding some Nitrous, it should help me get faster for next year. Here is some pictures of the frame and frontend, I had Stellar Machine and Performance do the work for me, I would reccomend Tim to anyone. He is top knotch.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Krandall

Holy Crap... Your stuff looks amazing... and the stuff in the background this guy is doing is ALSO amazing!!!! :nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Troy31

Looks like it should be fast in a straight line.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Mtneer Man

Thanks Krandall, Tim builds some of the sickest frames and parts out there. You might hit him up to become a sponsor. Troy, it is definatly fast in a straight line, idk how it would handle in the woods hahahaha. Ill get more pics when I get the powdercoating on it.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Mtneer Man

Frame, Front End, and Stem were done by Stellar Machine and Performance. Tim did an awesome Job. I got the motor together last night. Its gettin close. Before anyone asks they are 26in 14 Stgd. Rippers......Ill be sprayin just a lil nitrous this year.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Colorado700R