Crankcase evacuation valve

Started by Colorado700R, June 09, 2008, 11:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: Bert on July 09, 2008, 12:37:13 PM
Colorado
Are you running a pre filter like RichW?
If this is top secret info,please PM me  :lol:

Yep Prefilter to 3/8ths fuel line hose to evac valve

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on July 09, 2008, 12:38:00 PM
I agree 100% but, if we were to cut the tube down to only minimum requirement to get off of the crank breather neck and to the valve. the loss/comparison between the cam cover and the crank case version would be so minimum

Agreed

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 09, 2008, 12:39:20 PM
I agree 100% but, if we were to cut the tube down to only minimum requirement to get off of the crank breather neck and to the valve. the loss/comparison between the cam cover and the crank case version would be so minimum

Agreed

now I just need to see how much room there is under there to get it mounted.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on July 09, 2008, 01:27:44 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 09, 2008, 12:39:20 PM

Agreed

now I just need to see how much room there is under there to get it mounted.

could you do the same attachment that Rich used for his camcover to fit the the inline  ???  Bet you could  :grin_nod:

Krandall

That's what I'm thinking, now I just have to find a propper filter that will resist water. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

double06

I got a question.. If this valve is always blowing out and its one way, how will it let dirt and water in?  :confused:    Mine is always blowing air out(I got the inline one) so I don't see how anything could get in unless I deep six the rappy(been close a time or two!)
I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

Krandall

I think if you are going fast through mud / water. The amout of air coming out of that one way isn't going to hardly slow/stop that stuff going in.  ???   not totally sure though

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

fireman5166

07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

perhamite

I was thinking about placing the valve right at the engine and this would eliminate all the volume of the vent hose. I also feel that a filter would not be needed with the valve in this location because it will always be blowing out air and dirt would never reach the the valve. Comments?
O8 Raptor 700
with some stuff