Anybody get the shift light to work on a Dyna tek rap 700

Started by powder coater, September 07, 2008, 12:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powder coater

Is trying to get this thing wired. i have one wire going to the orange of the coil and the other the white in the ing. box. No light?
Jason for Presedent !

Bert

Dynatek Products Frequently Asked Questions

How do I wire in a shiftlight or other RPM switch?

Some of the Dyna FS ignitions have a rpm output that is designed to drive small loads such as relays and LED lamps. It is designed to turn on at certain RPM ranges that you can program using the programming software. It is a low side driver meaning that you connect one side of the load(relay, 12V lamp, etc) to 12V, and the other side of this load to the Dyna FS output wire. The signal wire for this is a wire with a bullet style connector on it. On most Dyna FS ignitions, it is a blue wire, or a brown wire. But consult your ignition instruction sheet to determine exactly which wire it is. The output is capable of driving up to 500mA of current, so make sure that you use a relay to drive higher current loads.

link
http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/support/dynatek_faq.aspx

Does this help?

powder coater

Yes thanks. i tried to find the web site but didnt have any luck.
Jason for Presedent !

maxx

What I remember reading bout the orange wire is that its a momentary ground,don't know bout load but don't think so.
Bring a Gun to a Gun fight.

Raptor Trent

I have a shift light working on my raptor. I have the dyna programable ignition and am assuming that is what you have. I purchased a led style shift light from an auto parts store and it only had two wires. One of the wires comming out of the shift light goes to a fused 12 volt source (the battery). The other wire comming out of the shift light goes to either the white wire or the blue wire comming out of your dyna ignition box. Then you have to hook your laptop to your ign and program it to the correct rpm to turn on the light and turn it off. I have mine programmed to come on at 7500 rpm's (cause that is where my peak hp is) and to turn off at 10000 (cause I dont want it to turn off until I shift and it drops below 7500). The light will come on at 7500 and stay on until you shift and the rpm's drop below 7500.

1FST690

You dont need a light, shift it by feel!!! When it starts to nose over SHIFT!! Stop in Albany on Sunday and I'll show ya how to do it!! :grin_nod:
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

powder coater

how does it work Trent. Does it seem accurate? Can you see it when your balls out down the track?
Jason for Presedent !

Raptor Trent

I used to do it by feel. I would shift when it started to nose over. The problem with that is, if you wait til it noses over to shift you are loosing valuable time. You need to shift right at peak power. My raptor made peak power at 6800 rpm's so my shift light comes on at 6500. The reason for this is that by the time I see the light and shift, the rpm's are gonna climb at least 3-5 hundred rpm's.
It does take time to get used to looking for the light, you need a pretty bright led and it needs to be pointed right at your face, you will see it out of your perifreal vision, so you dont have to be looking right at it to see it.