Changing Sprockets & Chain. Quick ? Question

Started by Danny T, September 10, 2008, 05:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Quote from: dmx434343 on September 10, 2008, 10:31:23 PM
O i see the hole now. if looking from the back. it was on the right by my brake caliper.

Thanks, i don't get my chain until tomorrow or friday so i will chime in if i have any issues. Thanks again guys!

no the hole to put the punch in is on the left side looking from the back. the punch will rest up against the hub the the sprocket mounts on when you roll it either forward or back. it tells you exactly how to do it in the owners manual.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Danny T

Danny T

Quote from: warren on September 11, 2008, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: dmx434343 on September 10, 2008, 10:31:23 PM
O i see the hole now. if looking from the back. it was on the right by my brake caliper.

Thanks, i don't get my chain until tomorrow or friday so i will chime in if i have any issues. Thanks again guys!

no the hole to put the punch in is on the left side looking from the back. the punch will rest up against the hub the the sprocket mounts on when you roll it either forward or back. it tells you exactly how to do it in the owners manual.  :thumbs:

Yea i found it now warren, but what about that allen bolt behind the rotor does. the piece surrounding it is loose and i can not get a allen wrench in there and want to tighten it.......

Danny T

no its not on the rotor itself. if you are looking at the bike from the right side. Where the rotor is, it is directly behind the rotor, on the actualy swinger. It looks like you can adjust the swinger to make it shorter or longer.... The piece is loose.

Danny T

21 and 25 are the parts in question. the Thrust COVER (21) Is the loose part i am talking about. is that normal? Shoud i tighten the actual pivot shaft(25)???, but i can not get to this w/o removing the rotor right?

Bert

dmx434343 - I need to look at my quad before I have an answer.....Try to look at it tonight

Danny T

Danny T

Danny T

got them changed out last night, that master link is a PITA. thanks for the tips

Bert