anybody ever spider web a back window in your truck or car? i have now.

Started by Warren, July 12, 2008, 09:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

last night i was loading up my girlfriends wolverine to bring it to my house. well with it in the bed of my truck i went to pick up the ass end to slide the ramps under the back tires. well as i was picking it up to slide the ramps under i heard a loud pop noise. i knew instently(sp) what i just did.  :mad: i set the wolvy back down and walked around the side of my truck to see the damage, and sure enough just as i suspected my entire back window looks like a huge spider web.

then when i got my straps out of the inside of my truck to strap down the wolvy, not thinking about pressure changes in the cab when a door closes. i closed the like normal and a big chuck of glass fell out at the original break point.  :mad: :mad: so i put a shit load of duct tape on it to maybe help hold it together and then my girlfriend had to leave for a couple hours and we just let the truck sit and road with someone else.

when we returned all the tape had fallen off the back window. so i just drove the thing home with no tape on it at all with it cracking more and more the whole time. we made the 20 mile trip to my house with the window still in the frame. i put it in the garage and left it until this morning.

this morning i got up and unloaded the wolvy and put a shit load more tape on the window. then i was going to put the new HMF exhaust on the wolvy that just got here last night and was the only thing i was ecited(sp) about this morning. well the fit up of the slip on is all F :mad: cked up and the damn thing is not going on right at all.  :mad: :mad: :mad: so i called HMF and they asked me to send some pics of the fit up. so i did and now i'm waiting on a reply from them to tell either i'm a dumbass and don't know what i'm doing putting that exhaust on or to send it back to them.

:mad: :poke: :bash: :wtf: ::) :help: :help: :help: ::) :wtf: :bash: :poke: :mad:

EDIT: i just called HMF back and now i have to wait until monday for them to send an email to me with what to do with my pipe.  :mad:

so how is everyone elses weekend starting out?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

exentix

that sucks about the hmf pipe but we were gonna go riding once last summer and did the same thing with the truck window... it sucked

Langford

that sucks, my neighbor broke out my passenger window on my f-150 two days ago while mowing his lawn....cost me $100 for the deductable.

So whats the deal with the HMF?  Mine was a pain to get the mounting bolts to line up right (on my wolverine 450)...I really had to wrestle it on.  You just have to put some muscle into it, it would probably go a lot easier with two people...one to push the pipe as far forward as possible while the other tries to fight the mounting bolts in.  
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

ThisGuyAlex

i hit my buddy's window once riding in to the truck with my bumper.....hit the brakes and it slid on the plastic bedliner....didn't break tho....guess i got off easy....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

kyledvor61

I had my blaster in the back of like a company van, took off from a stop sign, bam!, grab bar went right through the window in back

Peelz

watched a neighbor do that the other day. Bumper right through the window.
And I remember reading before that the hmf not fitting the wolvy was the only complaint they had. Quad magazine, i think. It will, but you gotta work at it.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Warren

yeah i just put the wolvy all back together with the stock stuff. i don't think something is right on that pipe for it. i got the bolt holes to line up but the front mounting hole was about a 1/2" away from the frame mounting position. and the pipe was slid as far forward as it's going to go. i had to unhook the header mount from the CVT cover just to get it in there. and the pipe was touching a part of the frame. i'm sure with a little brute force i could get it bolted on but i don't want to put alot of tension on my header mounts coming out of the exhaust port. that would just piss me off to no end if i screwed that all up.

and i'm not sure if i should run it anyway because HMF doesn't send a jet kit with a pipe like everyone told me they do. so now i have to order a jet kit too.  :'(
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

exentix

Quote from: warren on July 12, 2008, 12:42:18 PM
and i'm not sure if i should run it anyway because HMF doesn't send a jet kit with a pipe like everyone told me they do. so now i have to order a jet kit too.  :'(
they are made to run without jet kits, but adding one will make it perform even better, they did the same thing with my 350, it said it was supposed to come with one and didnt  :mad:

Warren

do you guys think i should just bolt the pipe on there and leave it. you don't think there will be to much pressure on the head pipe?

heres a few pics of what it looks like.

pipe touching the frame.

and the front mount nowhere close to right.

OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Colorado700R

Sorry about the window, I'd be pissed  :mad:

And I cut a few posts and created a new thread about your exhaust issue.

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=1049.0

Aaron

Warren

hey colorado for posting that issue up in the other section. i knew i should have but it got brought up here so i just went with it. my bad.  :(
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Colorado700R

Caliraptor

thats the only time when the +1 a-arms work, the tires hit first
Skipping class and tapping ass

Warren

well the insurance company got my window fixed today. and sure enough the put the wrong one in. it was supposed to be factory tented but is was clear as crystal. so now i have to probably have then yank out my new window and put in another new one that is tented. lol

but hey good news is i have the wolvy exhaust put on. review of it in the "other quads" section.  :clap:
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB