Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Car Audio Peeps inside  (Read 1559 times)

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Car Audio Peeps inside
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
I rocked a kicker 700.5 for 6 years with no issues. powered 2 sets of JL 5x7's and two JL 10" W0's. Sounded very nice and very loud.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:30 PM »
me and a friend always say.. "It ain't custom if it don't rattle"

Word up yo!  :clap: :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline txredxj

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:14 PM »
most of the good 5channel amps have an a/b 4channel and a D mono in one case. memphis had one that was really good but i think they quit making it.

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »
I rocked a kicker 700.5 for 6 years with no issues. powered 2 sets of JL 5x7's and two JL 10" W0's. Sounded very nice and very loud.

i did not say he couldnt run a 5 channel amp, i just said that for 150$ that he couldnt compare to what would have with this jl amp.  I merely suggested an amp that would do a better job than the one he picked for a lesser price and tried to explain to him why it was better than the one he selected.  that kicker 700.5 im betting wasnt a cheap amp.  If we wanted to talk high end and unlimited budget, by all means i have some very good suggestions.  I run all focal high end speakers, i have the krx 3-way components in my car right now with an audison lrx250 amp powering them. There is an audison srx2s amp running running a boston g312 sub that i can tear apart and replace individual parts, but i highly doubt he wants to spend the cash to have my setup.

and TXREDJ as for a 5 channel amp that has a 4 channel class a/b and a 5th channel in class d, please show me an example of one in the 150$-300$ range and ill tell you if it is any good or not.  i find myself continuously surprised at some of the deals on the net these days, i have to wonder if some of these are knock offs or are refurbished.  An example of this is all of the new focal speakers on ebay, they are all chineese knock offs, focal does not allow its products to be sold on ebay, it will pull a dealer liscence and take back all of the stores inventory if caught doing so.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Kimyr

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 03:37:57 AM »
I rocked a kicker 700.5 for 6 years with no issues. powered 2 sets of car navigation system JL 5x7's and two JL 10" W0's. Sounded very nice and very loud.

Yes these do have long life and quality sound. One of my friends owns them and they are working perfectly
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:46:43 PM by Kimyr »