Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Colorado700R

There's 40 acres in walden (on the road to the dunes infact) for $75k  :aaron:

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on May 25, 2011, 06:43:27 PM
There's 40 acres in walden (on the road to the dunes infact) for $75k  :aaron:

that doesnt sound bad to me for 40 acres.. Id pay that for land in Colorado.....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Here good land is running 8-10k an acre.

Takes money to make money. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Langford

A buddy of mine tried this about 5 years ago a few miles from my house.  They bought a few hundred acres of farm land, started jumping through all of the legal hoops, spent a bit of money on planning, insurance, etc. just go get shut down.  The neighbors started raising a fuss about the noise, dust, traffic and every excuse they could come up with.  It has been at least 5 years and they are still in court. 

The people in the village wanted no part of this, which made no sense...they live in a nothing farm town, and this would have brought the area back to life.  All of the local businesses would have flourished because of the increased traffic, but they didn't want to see it that way.  The "anti's" found a sympathetic judge, and he ruled in their favor.  I don't know all of the details, but I know they are still going through appeals and it looks like they may win this one, along with a lawsuit for lost profits and time.  After the first ruling, they weren't even allowed to ride their own ATV's on the property for personal use...which is an absolute joke.  The property is less than a mile off of a major expressway, surrounded by open fields and farms...

Anyway, I don't want to be a downer and say this wont work...but it isn't as easy as just finding some property and start having fun.  There is a lot to it, and a lot of things that can go wrong.  Preddy, if you want...I can give you his email/cell if you wanted to talk to him about any of it...his experience may help if you actually start getting serious about going through with this. 

'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Colorado700R

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on May 25, 2011, 10:46:54 PM
There's 40 acres in walden (on the road to the dunes infact) for $75k  :aaron:

that doesnt sound bad to me for 40 acres.. Id pay that for land in Colorado.....

No doubt, the :aaron: was in refrence to my ability to buy it at the moment :(

Kenneth

A guy in Greensburg charges 5.00 per ATV for the past few years, and he's doing well! It's always crowded on Saturday and Sunday.
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Kenneth

Quote from: Kenneth on May 26, 2011, 09:35:03 AM
A guy in Green Country  charges 5.00 per ATV for the past few years which is working out well. His farm is always crowded on Saturday and Sunday.
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on May 26, 2011, 07:55:26 AM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on May 25, 2011, 10:46:54 PM
There's 40 acres in walden (on the road to the dunes infact) for $75k  :aaron:

No doubt, the :aaron: was in refrence to my ability to buy it at the moment :(

i'm with you all the way then
:lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"